+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 228 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

They're showing the "selection committee"

Eric has warmth and charm to spare...but his performance died on the vine.

Harmony has a charming and bright personality, but they feel the nerves are getting to her.

Hans..probably has the best food knowledge, but they never got to know anything about HIM.

Susannah...smooth and unflappable, but over-rehearsed

Brook...I missed it.

Dan & Steve....need to get it together better.

Michael...the humor doesn't mesh with the info.

Deborah...has sass and personality...the personality is now taking a back seat.

Gordon Elliot says that Michael, Dan & Steve, and Susannah will remain in the competion.

Susie says Eric, Harmony (no!) and Deborah will stay in the competition.

It's between Brook and Hans.

Bob says who remains....Hans. Which means that Brook (who talks incredibly fast) goes home.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I really thought Eric would be going home. Instead Brooke will be going home.

I thought so, too, AI. I wanted Harmony, but thought it would be Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    Well, the previews for next week just showed a few who obviously aren't eliminated tonight.
    That definitetly annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Debra reminds me of Danielle from Big Brother.
    Agreed!

The non-eliminated people get to eat some of Bobby Flay's dishes. They show that next week the committee will taste some of their original dishes, and that Susannah cuts her finger.

I must state again, I really don't like Michael's hair, at ALL.

Thank you all for not leaving me here ALL ALONE for the show! I kind of liked the second episode, the first one drug on forever...and ever.

I'll watch it again next week. It's just for the month of June, I'm pretty sure.

It's that Justin Guarini wannabe do. The guy couldn't sing, but he certainly set off the most infamous hairdo since "The Rachel"

Ahhh.. time for my favorite Food Network show.. Unwrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    Thank you all for not leaving me here ALL ALONE! I kind of liked the second episode, the first one drug on forever...and ever.
    Yes, the show has promise. Hopfully will see you here next week Suncat & Broadway!

See you all next week!

*waves paws, goes to eat snack*

I watched it!

I watched this show - it could be pretty good. Think I'll keep watching. I like the behind the scenes stuff they are showing. Here's my take on the remaining contestants, in no particular order (just as I remember their names):

Harmony is great to look at, but is annoying and probably too ditzy to go very far. Then again, I'd probably watch her cook TV dinners if nothing else was on. The Food Network (FN) definitely needs more sex appeal (I'm talking from a straight male perspective here) so Harmony does have a shot.

Susannah is the most polished of the group. She's attractive and likeable. As was mentioned on the show, she seems almost too polished: at the expense of showing more of herself. On the one hand, I think the angle of her losing so much weight due (in part) to healthy cooking is great. That's certainly a selling point for a cooking show. On the other hand, FN has (or had, not sure if it's still on) a show with a woman who used to be fat and has a show with a guy who used to be fat. So even though I like Susannah better than either of them, FN may think been there, done that.

Eric is interesting because he is a unique personality. Not really sure about his cooking skills, and I lost some confidence in him when he froze during the Bobby Flay thing. I think he spent too much time working on his stupid rhyme and didn't think about anything beyond that. And in the age of healthy cooking, I'm not sure how well a big fat guy would play as a new personality on FN. The food had better be really good. It's not like he's an established chef or anything - it's apparently OK for those guys to be fat.

Hans seems to be the most comfortable in the kitchen of any of them, but he's been bland. Needs to let more personality come through. He impressed me the most in terms of actually knowing what he was doing.

Michael is just annoying to me. He tries too hard to be funny and really isn't very funny. I would have sent him home instead of Brook.

Deborah is pretty good in front of the camera. FN could certainly go with a black woman as a new host. Most of the FN personalities are white, so Deborah has a bit of an advantage there. She's kinda middle of the pack right now, though. She has a nice personality - but it seems almost like it's manufactured for the camera and she turns it off when she thinks she doesn't need it.

Dan and Steve. Are those guys gay? I don't remember if they mentioned it. [Sarcasm alert.] As a team, they need to show why two are better than one. They haven't really done that yet. And either of them alone would be very dull. Maybe they play off each other and are really entertaining at home, but they haven't been that way on TV. I don't think that just being a couple of gay guys is going to get them where they want to be. So far, that's about all they've shown that they have to offer.

I haven't really seen enough to pick a favorite. Right now, I've got Harmony, Susannah, Deborah and Hans in a four-way tie for first and the others grouped together as a distant second.

+ Reply to Thread