+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 228 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Re: The Next Food Network Star

I agree that Colombe just couldn't get it together for the challenges. I thought she did a poor job on the first challenge and I was rooting for her to do well. I voted for her on the website.

I also can't stand Rory's gums. Maybe I'll get used to them, but not yet.

Premium Member

I'll never get used to Rory's gums. I didn't appreciate her using her boobs to get votes either. How pathetic was that - "Hi I'm Rory and these are my breasts. Please vote for my boobs food!" I wouldn't watch her show if she were to win this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2443965;
    Question....why does everyone think that you should help out your competition? They screw up....shame on them. (I haven't even seen the episode yet!)
    In my opinion, it's because at this stage of the game there is still an element of teamwork that is important. I wouldn't advocate any of these contestants having to save the butt of their fellow teammembers, but I do require that they have a sense of teamwork and common decency to not deliberately sabotage efforts.

Finally got to watch an ep/ I saw the very end of episode 2 and all of episode 3.

On ep 3 they got the eliminations right.

Columbe, I have no idea why she was on the show. Cheese sause in a jar. Didn't even try to make it her own by adding anything. Bagged chips. Her chocolate challenge dish looked awful, too. She didn't seem at all upset about leaving. She'll just try something else. No passion from what I could tell.

And Thomas. He would not have been happy with the job and being away from his family. The only time he looked happy was when he was told to leave.

Rory's gums were irritating, true. But at least she was upfront about the top she wore at the basketball stadium. My hubby's only comment was "Hmm. Push-up bra."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Even if they are not trying to get themselves on a "team show"? There is only going to be one winner. I guess I just don't see a reason to ever deny your opponent an opportunity to fail, if we are competitors, or rivals. I wouldn't do anything to sabotage you, but I'd let you plot your own course. Never mistake a competitor or rival for a friend....unless you really are....but that's just my personal opinion.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2443965;
    Question....why does everyone think that you should help out your competition? They screw up....shame on them. (I haven't even seen the episode yet!)
    Cynically, because Food Network wants a likeable star, and they know that. And I think some of these people are actually nice.

Even Columbe ended up helping at the end.

FORT Fogey

I do hope that Rory is the next to go. It is too bad that there really is not a female candidate that I like this year.

Amy seems a little "pompous" for lack of a better word. If you are making food to serve at a basketball game, why would you put goat cheese in your quesadillas?? I would not have even tasted it.

Of all of the food at the NBA challenge, I thought the shrimp rolls looked the most appetizing.

Yes the shrimp rolls looked yummy. I will also be trying out Adrian's mushrooms=that seemed really simple to do.

On the episode before this one, I was getting a vibe from Giandia (sp) that she didn't like Columbe AT ALL. Course I can't stand Gianda either...
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I've come to like Giada since she started her new Rachelesque travel/food show. Before I thought a cucumber had more personality but she is being rather catty on this show so I'm back to not really liking her.

So how come this network doesn't have an Asian or Oriental show/star? Do they have one tucked away somewhere that I'm unaware of? There is a whole niche there being untapped and its rather odd that they didn't tap anybody for this show to represent that segment either.

Anyways... I think that's one of the reasons I'm hoping JAG finds a nicer personality somewhere and makes it because I'd love to see his style of cooking on FN (and feel that its under-represented)

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2444001;
    I agree that Colombe just couldn't get it together for the challenges. I thought she did a poor job on the first challenge and I was rooting for her to do well. I voted for her on the website.

I also can't stand Rory's gums. Maybe I'll get used to them, but not yet.
    I agree 100% on both counts.

I also agree with those who say they think Adrien should win. He has the best personality of all those who are left and his dishes looked good for the most part. I would be happy with either him or jag winning.

+ Reply to Thread