+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 228 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Re: The Next Food Network Star

I'm kind of sad that Colombe is gone. I liked her but she just could never get it together on the show. I think she had the potential to do well but just couldn't get it together in the end. I can't wait til Rory leaves though. I can't stand her.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2443492;
    Guy's on tonight and for some reason he reminds me of Charlie Sheen in Two and a Half Men with the wardrobe he's wearing.

Something about Colombe bugs me. And she couldn't just bring the extra grocery bag back to the kitchen even if it didn't belong to her? I know it's a competition but there's no reason to sabotage people.

Paul is too hyper and whiney.

I don't know just what it is, but Guy reminds me of Colin Farrell when he bleached out his hair and gained weight.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Colombe barely cooked in the NBA challenge, she definitely deserved to go home. She didn't even make the cheese sauce, I don't think she had a lot of ability and what she did with that extra grocery bag was wrong. She can pretend that it was innocent but it wasn't. She sabotaged her competitor.

My liking of Michael and JAG is growing. JAG still needs to bring the arrogance down a little.. ok a lot... but Guy (Geeee.. when did he go from pronouncing his name Geeee to Guy?) was also very arrogant at first.

Paul will go next.

Adrian will go far in this because they seem to really like him.

Rory and those gums. I used to have a gummy smile when I was a kid but after being teased about it so much, I learned how to not smile so BIG and stop showing so much gum. You'd think she'd do the same. She seems nice (not as good a cook as some of the others but nice) but dang those gums and those oversized teeth are so distracting..... as was the cleavage. Hi! I'm Rory! I have big teeth and big knockers...will you try my food and vote for me?

FORT Newbie

I too am new to this show and I too am hooked. I fell asleep during it last night so thanks for posting who was told to leave!! I liked Colombe's looks but yes she was a mess and I think it is best Tommy is gone, he would never have made it anyway. I thought Nikki had an attitude problem and I'm glad she is gone. I like Rory but you are all right, I could not get over those gums and horse teeth and that is all I would be looking at so I would not watch her show. Unfortunately for Amy it is her bad teeth and plain looks that would bother me. I'm sorry but I cannot stand JAG!! He is so arrogant and disrespectful and I absolutely would not watch his shows. Paul is terrible and should have been off first. Even though the cooking may not be the best, I think Adrien should take it. He reminds me a lot of Tyler Florence, except is a little more laid back (sometimes Tyler makes me nervous because he is a bit of a spaz on his ultimate show). I think with some tutelage Adrien could improve his cooking. Plus, what a great story, he is not even a trained chef and he made it this far! I think FN shows are maybe 40% cooking and 60% entertainment and so looks, presence, and personality are very important. If it was just about cooking, I have hundreds of recipe books.

Quote Originally Posted by cookingnut;2443751;
    I too am new to this show and I too am hooked. I fell asleep during it last night so thanks for posting who was told to leave!! I liked Colombe's looks but yes she was a mess and I think it is best Tommy is gone, he would never have made it anyway. I thought Nikki had an attitude problem and I'm glad she is gone. I like Rory but you are all right, I could not get over those gums and horse teeth and that is all I would be looking at so I would not watch her show. Unfortunately for Amy it is her bad teeth and plain looks that would bother me. I'm sorry but I cannot stand JAG!! He is so arrogant and disrespectful and I absolutely would not watch his shows. Paul is terrible and should have been off first. Even though the cooking may not be the best, I think Adrien should take it. He reminds me a lot of Tyler Florence, except is a little more laid back (sometimes Tyler makes me nervous because he is a bit of a spaz on his ultimate show). I think with some tutelage Adrien could improve his cooking. Plus, what a great story, he is not even a trained chef and he made it this far! I think FN shows are maybe 40% cooking and 60% entertainment and so looks, presence, and personality are very important. If it was just about cooking, I have hundreds of recipe books.

cookingnut. Great first post! I agree with you about Adrien. I think he is the front runner in this competition. Jag is started to grow on me a little bit. I never noticed Amy's teeth so I'll have to check them out. Rory is annoying with her toothy/gummy smile so I agree with everyone on that. And the shirt was way to low.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fogey

Of those who are left, I hope Rory is the next to go. She should have been graded down on her reviews for wearing that top that she was hanging out of during the NBA challenge.

I think it was best for Tommy to go home. He seemed like a nice guy and all, but like the judges pointed out, being a show host would require a lot of time away from your family.

And Colombe deserved to go.

Does anyone know how many weeks the competition runs? I have not seen a date for the finale yet.

And interestingly enough, I was on the Food Network site last night and they already had the featured recipes from last night posted, so it was obvious who won the choclate challenge and then there were two up from the NBA challenge so it was clear who would be "safe".

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2438630;
    For a tv show, I think Adrien would do very well. He's a cutie and so far seems like a nice guy.
    This is the only show I can think of where the producers/editors know who wins and they have a vested interest in the audience liking their winner. For that reason, I think that we can infer a lot from the positive editing Adrien is getting. It's also the reason I'm surprised anyone would try any dirty tricks (not telling anyone about the chicken stock in the supposedly vegetarian dish, not bringing the bag with the groceries) since the Food Network doesn't want to hire the bad guy as their next "star."

Colombe creeped me out from Day 1. For me, she was too big of a reminder of the spaced out earth mothers of the 70s. There was more than a hint of passive/agressive in the grocery bag incident, and claiming "organic and natural" as her thing, she seemed ok with using the processed cheese sauce.

My fave so far is JAG. That boy can cook. It would be nice to have a Southwestern show on FN.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BurnThis;2443912;
    This is the only show I can think of where the producers/editors know who wins and they have a vested interest in the audience liking their winner. For that reason, I think that we can infer a lot from the positive editing Adrien is getting. It's also the reason I'm surprised anyone would try any dirty tricks (not telling anyone about the chicken stock in the supposedly vegetarian dish, not bringing the bag with the groceries) since the Food Network doesn't want to hire the bad guy as their next "star."
    Wasn't it a fan vote at the end last year for the winner? I seem to remember online voting between Reggie and Guy. I think they know who the two finalists are, but not the winner yet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Question....why does everyone think that you should help out your competition? They screw up....shame on them. (I haven't even seen the episode yet!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread