+ Reply to Thread
Page 228 of 228 FirstFirst ... 128178218219220221222223224225226227228
Results 2,271 to 2,274 of 2274
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

CCL

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Messy can = yummy. It's ok to have such treats in moderation; man can't live by kale alone. Probably not all three at once though! I am intrigued at the idea of cake shakes...
    Florimel likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I just saw Jeff's show this weekend. I happened to wake up and turn on the tv a few minutes before the show started. He was making crunchy peanut butter sandwiches (with peanut butter, bananas, strawberry preserves, potato chips, dipped in batter, rolled in cereal, and fried), turtle cookie ice cream sandwiches, and chocolate cake shakes. Somewhere Jamie Oliver sensed a disturbance in the Force and was having a conniption over Jeff serving such sugar-laden, unhealthy foods to kids!

I would have enjoyed this menu much more before I became aware of what fat and cholesterol were. As it was, my mental calculator kept adding up how many calories were in this stuff and how quickly my arteries would harden up while eating it so the idea of making this concoctions didn't appeal to me.

Plus, the ice cream sandwich was so messy!!! Who in their right mind would feed such a sloppy treat to kids when even the adults couldn't eat it without making a mess?
    To me, the stuff he makes is nowhere near even remotely appealing. Cardiologists must love him.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Messy can = yummy. It's ok to have such treats in moderation; man can't live by kale alone. Probably not all three at once though! I am intrigued at the idea of cake shakes...
    There is a place called "Portillos" they serve Italian beef sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs etc (I think they're originally from Chicago but I live near a location in CA) and they serve a chocolate cake shake there. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty darn good. I would probably like it better if they took the frosting off of the cake first, but I've had still had it more than once. lol

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    There is a place called "Portillos" they serve Italian beef sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs etc (I think they're originally from Chicago but I live near a location in CA) and they serve a chocolate cake shake there. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty darn good. I would probably like it better if they took the frosting off of the cake first, but I've had still had it more than once. lol
    Yes, I live in Chicago and Portillo's is a staple and their chocolate cake shake is awesome!

+ Reply to Thread