+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 228 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

lol, i guess everyone noticed them arsenio hall gums

these guys didn't realize that it ain't easy to multitask-cook, explain what your doing, while keeping the audience entertained in certain amount of time. i thought that on camera challenge they had where they had to switch up was the perfect exercise

i didn't know why the guy started hyperventilating when he brought his food in for Bon Apetit. just go in; explain the dish and serve em. simple

i knew Niki would get the boot.

i also like Jag

yes, Colombe does suck... btw is her last name Hilton

all these cats would perform alot better if they would just relax and actually just be themselves

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What is the big guy's name who is Italian and he looked like (in physical appearance and dress) that he could have been on The Sopranos?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wow, I was about to start a new thread and thought to search one more time for it. Boy am I glad to find this thread!!! I constantly watch foodtv, but have never seen season 1 or 2. I happened to stumble upon the premire of season 3 and I am hooked!!! This show is way better than Hell's Kitchen (it's a joke) and even Top Chef (unless they improve drastically this season). I think this whole show is much more about cooking than other shows. I also like that they're openly selecting people on likeabiliy and personality (and have a good reason for it). Enough about my excitement!

I haven't seen the second episode, but so far, I like Amy. Her personality may not be sparkly enough for a tv show, but I think she's a very capable chef. She should smile more.

For a tv show, I think Adrien would do very well. He's a cutie and so far seems like a nice guy.

Rory hasn't annoyed me too much so far. I think even her teeth and gums aren't ugly. Some imperfections make people more memorable, and I think her teeth and gums are those.

I really like Michael personally. He seems like a kinda guy I'd like to hang out with. I would feel the most comfortable having him in my kitchen.

Jag is growing on me too. At first, I thought he didn't "look like" a chef. But he seems like a really cool guy. He can cook too.

Yeah, Colombe is awful. If it weren't for Bobby Flay's "Camera loves you" comment, she would have been gone in the premire.

I think Paul can be hilarious, but I'm staying neutral.

I really don't like the big guy from MA. I only saw the premire and a few minutes of the second episode, and I can take so many of the "I'm not petit" jokes. He may be entertaining, but I wouldn't watch his show.

I'll miss Niki. I thought she was so beautiful and loved her edgy-ness.

Did I forget anyone? If I did, they must not be memorable.
    Last edited by Misaru; 06-13-2007 at 12:33 AM.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2437178;
    Count me in on those who are completely distracted by her teeth and gums. Because like it or not this is a show about not just cooking but personality and looks. All things designed to translate into that special something that makes viewers want to watch the host. Granted a vast majority of the FN stars aren't exactly eye candy but they (for the most part) don't have anything about their features that makes a viewer stare at that rather than at the cooking.
    Yeah I was actually thinking about that today when I caught the repeat of this episode. If I'm watching a cooking show I want to be staring at the food... not the cook's teeth/gums.

And in regards to Colombe... I still want to root for her cause I loved her as an actress when I was younger. That is why I'm sort of surprised that she's done so bad in presenting dishes and in front of the camera. I mean, with some sort of acting background I guess I thought she would be more comfortable doing things like that but I guess not. To me her food doesn't seem that bad... she just looks so uncomfortable and confused all the time. I hope she gets it together because I think she has the potential to be good.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Jag is growing on me, too. I can't wait for tomorrow night. I really think this is an excellent, and realistic food show with a purpose. It works.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

I don't like Jag at all and he strikes me as someone that should've been on a Top Chef rather than something like this. No way does he have the personality for this show, as they said he always looks angry and that doesn't work on a network like this. He also never looks like he's really enjoying what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;2437229;
    I wanted her to stay around a bit to maybe hear more about life in Vega, TX. It was my daughter who recognized her, and when she said she lived in Vega, that cinched (sp?) it for me!
    Oh my gawd she stayed there?! She's not originally from Vega, that's where the other show she was on "Popularity Contest" was filmed.

Guy's on tonight and for some reason he reminds me of Charlie Sheen in Two and a Half Men with the wardrobe he's wearing.

Something about Colombe bugs me. And she couldn't just bring the extra grocery bag back to the kitchen even if it didn't belong to her? I know it's a competition but there's no reason to sabotage people.

Paul is too hyper and whiney.

FORT Fogey

Colombe gets on my nerves. It was really rude of her to leave the other food bag at the store.

Two people go this week.

Colombe is gone. I wouldn't have watched a show with her so I'm glad.

Tommy is gone, Paul is safe. I think Tommy missed his family too much and didn't have his heart in it but I think with a little work he could have gone farther. Paul will go soon enough.

+ Reply to Thread