+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 228 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Eliminated:

NIKKI

I think it was a good elimination.. I felt awkward watching her, she just didn't have a "presence" about her that made me want to watch.

As for Rory, I agree Karna.. it might be tedious, but I find her teeth annoying too. They look way too big, whoever put those veneers in, didn't make them look "real" enough IMO.

Anyway..yeah..I don't think her ribs should have won. Michael's plate was more visually appealing to me. Since it was for the cover of a magazine, I thought his would win.

I just have a strange feeling about this season..I'm not liking Rory in it at all.
    Last edited by John; 06-11-2007 at 08:15 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Is it me, or is this crop a lot bitchier and cut-throat than past seasons? I was rather surprised to see Patrick reading 48 Laws of Power. It made me wonder whether someone brought it with them (which would explain the cut-throat vibe), or if the producers put it there.

Visually, I like Colombe and Adrien (he is super cute), but they both need some work to stay in the game. I'm just not a big fan of Jag... he's very talented, but he gets on my nerves; Paul is too willing to make others look bad; Tommy is just obnoxious. The rest haven't really made any special impact on me either way.

I'm going for Adrien, just for the eye candy factor. He and David Bromstad should team up... I don't know what kind of show it would be, but I wouldn't really care if I could just watch them. But I also like Colombe, and if she can get her act together, I think she would fill a much-needed niche.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2436656;
    I don't like Rory either, she was on "Popularity Contest" and was a royal suck up. I hate how all you see is her teeth when she talks. I can barely watch because of her, don't know if I'll be able to until she's eliminated which I hope is soon!
    I know I completely agree with you. I feel like when I look at her I'm always staring at her teeth. Either way I don't think her food is that great, nor is she. I hope she's off soon.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2437019;
    I know I completely agree with you. I feel like when I look at her I'm always staring at her teeth. Either way I don't think her food is that great, nor is she. I hope she's off soon.
    I don't know if anyone has noticed, other than me, but her gums are in serious competiton with her teeth for attention!

I see zero appeal in Colombe. She does not exude any special personality, and she really needs to see a stylist. She looks absolutely bedraggled! I was disappointed that she, once again, survived elimination.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Count me in on those who are completely distracted by her teeth and gums. Because like it or not this is a show about not just cooking but personality and looks. All things designed to translate into that special something that makes viewers want to watch the host. Granted a vast majority of the FN stars aren't exactly eye candy but they (for the most part) don't have anything about their features that makes a viewer stare at that rather than at the cooking. I also was not impressed with her food, I found nothing appealing about her winning dish. Others were better, to me it was just another typical summer cover and nothing special.

Colombe, she comes off so confused and lost and I hate to say this but just plain dumb. I think she's surviving elimination because she has a look that they are wanting for their next show.

I can't stand to look at Rory's teeth. I'd never be able to get through a whole show with her, they look like horse teeth. I don't care for Paul (athough BOB sure seems to like him. ) My favorite I think is Michael, but I like Adrien too. That girl with the black curly hair, Amy, I think...I find her highly annoying. Columbe is just a mess.

Giada seemed quite bitchy and Susan is ALWAYS condescending in my opinion. I'd hate to work for her and Bob. Luckily I there's not much chance of that.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I guess I'm in the minority here... gulp! ... I was glad Rory wasn't eliminated. She should have been, but I wanted her to stay around a bit to maybe hear more about life in Vega, TX. It was my daughter who recognized her, and when she said she lived in Vega, that cinched (sp?) it for me!

I was glad to see Vivian go, she was annoying for some reason. And Patrick was just snobby.

I'm rooting for Jag. He seems to be the "go to" guy here, so we'll see how he does from here. (btw, kiss of death when I root for a contestant. sorry, dude)
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2429119;
    OK, why is FORT featuring Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen but not this show in the main section? I'm really ready for the summer of reality food TV. This 2-hour premiere was a great start to the new season.

.....In contrast, as a relative late-comer to these reality competitions, the Food Network seems to be hitting their stride and giving us something to sink our teeth into. I was definitely satisfied, entertained, and looking forward to the rest of the season. They seem to have some real contenders.
    I agree on both points...

Pretty please, move it to the main section and give us photos, LOL... I am bad at names and could really use the visuals...

And now that I know who Rory is, I agree with those of you who are distracted by her teeth/gums... That will be a hurdle she may not overcome...

Colombe - ick... Go away, tightwad!

JAG - jury still out, but growing on me...

Paul - likewise, but growing less on me...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I actually like Rory. I think the elimination was fair. Colombe is awful. I hate to say that, cause I don't want to be mean, but she does not belong there.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think I tend to be a Jag fan. Now, if we could just get him to ascribe, to a certain degree, to the KISS principle. Simple, I think, generally tends to be more successful.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread