+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I'm calling it now, Vic Vegas wins. I 100% believe that after the one woman won (Amy?) who promptly quit to raise her family that they know going into it who they are choosing and they just use this as a way to publicize their choice. Soon as I saw him (I just watched lol) I remembered him. It will be either him or the ear spacer guy. They both have the "look" that FN is going for these days with the Guy/Michaelx2 clones.

Oh and how stupid is the Mexican girl? Really? Do these people research their potential employer at all? She should be pushing that Mexican thing HARD. Make it interesting, Healthy Mexican. FN loves niches and she could have a killer one there but instead she tells them some crap about being Mexican but making sushi...blah.

And I just found where I already know Vic "Vegas" from, he was on in 2009. His name is Victor Moea, the owner of High Roller Deli and Catering in Las Vegas. He and James Aptikan won first place in a FN Catering Challenge. They won $10,000 and did a really great menu. It was Cuban and Caribbean inspired.

I really like Orchid.

Is the not-so-pretty model deaf? She talks like she is. Are they going to reveal that they were mocking her speech "You sound like a Valley Girl!" only to discover what jerks they are (duh) because she is hearing impaired?
    Thanks so much...I knew I had seen Vic Vegas before, but I couldn't figure it out...now I can put my brain to rest.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Don't have an obvious favorite this year like I have had in years past. However, Justin D and Mary Beth are both growing on me and I think I could probably watch Vic Vegas' gentler side.

Would NOT watch Chris no matter what the format. Contrary to what he believes, he is NOT awesome.

Whitney, Orchid and Penny - nope, nope and nope. And Jyll - seriously? - this is how you chose to spell your name? That in itself is annoying enough. Throw in the smile and I'm outta here! Justin reminds me of a character in a cheap movie - the bartender who's eventually admits to knowing the bad guy even though he swore he didn't see/hear/have knowledge of the crime.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

This sounds bad but I can't remember names yet. I like the mexican girl, love mexican food, but hate the chic that paired everyone up. She rubs me the wrong way. Which one is Vic? Can't picture him. There are a couple others I like but can't remember their names right now. Sad, I know. I'm hoping someone will stick out really soon to me.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    This sounds bad but I can't remember names yet. I like the mexican girl, love mexican food, but hate the chic that paired everyone up. She rubs me the wrong way. Which one is Vic? Can't picture him. There are a couple others I like but can't remember their names right now. Sad, I know. I'm hoping someone will stick out really soon to me.
    Vic is the bald muscular guy with tattooed arms.

The one who paired everyone up is Penny (who doesn't seem to have very many fans no matter what forum you search).

The Mexican girl is Susie (or maybe Suzie).
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

That is who I thought Vic was but wasn't sure. He hasn't done very well yet but I expect him too. He seems like a nice guy but not convinced he is the best yet.

Yeah...even my 9 yr old daughter says Penny is mean and rude and conceited....without me giving her my opinion.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

That is who I thought Vic was but wasn't sure. He hasn't done very well yet but I expect him too. He seems like a nice guy but not convinced he is the best yet.

Yeah...even my 9 yr old daughter says Penny is mean and rude and conceited....without me giving her my opinion.
    Vic is a sleeper. I still believe he is TCO (the chosen one). Soon enough we will see his redemption arch and then he will win it all. It's not good TV if he is the leader right out the gate!

Besides, we all know that you don't need to win to be given a show. Take a look at the schedule and see how many non-winners now have their own shows. Vic will get a show out of this, so will the guy with the ear stretchers. They are exactly the sort of look FN goes for these days. Although if Vic continues to insist that he is a nice and smiley guy, he may not win. They would think he doesn't have any "edge" (massive eye rolls).

Sorry, I'm a bit disenchanted with FN these days but I do like this show.

Penny will never win, they keep stressing what a family they are and how people have to get along with each other. No way in heck would they let somebody who has acted like she has into that "family".
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I watched JUba's elimination - haven't yet seen the other elimination. Just saw that Penny had won the pizza challenge and was able to pick her team. I guess Penny is now Middle Eastern Mom, instead of Stiletto lady. What nonsense!!
    I've seen Vic on the FN in a couple of challenges before. He's OK, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch him.
    And, I hate to say that his arms and Justin's ears and arms are a real turn off for me, too. More so with Justin, since I find his personality really dull. At least Vic seems fun.
    I'm just not overly thrilled with any of these people so far.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think it would be funny if the model chic lasts longer than Penny....actually I would love it!!!!

I think it would be funny if the model chic lasts longer than Penny....actually I would love it!!!!
    I would love that so much, namely because I despise Penny, and Alicia happens to be my new favorite. She's shown that when she's not nervous, she does well, so I do hope she can get her nerves under control.

Did I hear it right that Stiletto woman changed her game to Middle Eastern Mom? There should be a rule that they have to stick with the dumb ideas from the start and try to make that work.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread