+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 228 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

FORT Fogey

Re: The Next Food Network Star

It should have been Rory and Vivien that were asked to leave last night.

Rory's cake was a horrible mess and so was Vivien's.

There are some interesting contestants this season and I think it will be a good competition.

FORT Fan

I just happened upon this show last night.I liked it much more then Top Chef.I think I prefer the judges ,and the way they judge the contestants. Maybe because they are looking for a TV personality as well as a good chef.Both teams really could have spent more money and made more food. The whole concern about over spending was lame. All they had to do was remove some food items if they went over the $ limit. I think about what food I would have wanted to have at the wedding. maybe they all needed to think big and be more creative.

FORT Regular

I watched the show last night for the first time, and I thought it was unfair they eliminated two members of the winning team. If your team winning does not guarantee you safety why even bother with it. They should have just asked everyone to make an appetizer and an entree, and judged them accordingly.

FORT Fan

Who were the two that were eliminated? I watched it until the very end, but missed the elimination.
    Also, the first time I watched Bobby Flay was on Wickedly Perfect, and I couldn't stand him! I had never heard of him before. But now I'm totally hooked on the Food Network shows, Iron Chef America and of course, Throwdown and I love him!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Patrick and Vivien were eliminated.
    Last edited by John; 06-11-2007 at 08:14 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love this show! One thing that really bothered me last night was all of the long hair around the food. It should have been brought under control waaaay before it was. I also thought that Colombe should have been eliminated last night. I don't know whom I thought she should have replaced, but it wouldn't have mattered to me. She was a hideous team leader. I couldn't believe that she got away with running out of food at the reception, and having no one on the floor, or any appetizers on the table when the reception began. The worst part was how little money they spent, compared to how much they were given. I was very disappointed! And Her Personality Did Not Shine Through, Either...so I just don't get it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Just curious but does anyone else recognize Colombe from the Mighty Ducks movies?

And also I loved this show... I loved the contestants last season and I think this season is going to be good too.

I barely remember that movie, good eye spotting her. I'm not sure I like her yet. Haven't really picked a favorite, maybe tomorrow night I will have one that jumps out at me.

I also love this show, I love the way they don't bother trying to hide the fact that its also a popularity contest (of sorts as in who looks best on tv) as well as a personality contest and then cooking. Plus I just like the judges and the contestants are usually entertaining.

Then again, my tv is on the food network about 85% of the time! LOL

Was I the only one who watched tonight? LOL

So Jag is sort of growing on me. I loved his dish for the magazine spread and thought he really did good on catching them up during the TV segment.

Michale is quickly becoming a fav as well.

Do not like Rory (spelling?) and Colombe is coming off as such an air head (not liking her either) and the one they sent home, Nikki, really was the best choice. So far I'm agreeing with the judging.

I don't like Rory either, she was on "Popularity Contest" and was a royal suck up. I hate how all you see is her teeth when she talks. I can barely watch because of her, don't know if I'll be able to until she's eliminated which I hope is soon!

+ Reply to Thread