+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 228 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

bumpity... new season tonite

Premium Member

Thanks, I would have missed it if I hadn't seen this. I see that it's in 2 parts, I'm going to have to record it and watch later.

bumpity?

Not bad so far... I'm going to have to learn names before I can talk about these people, but it's fun that Duff from Ace of Cakes is on tonight's show. I'm strangely fascinated with that show for some reason.

I missed maybe the first 15 minutes.. but came on in time for the review of their original concoctions. One apparently having been not so original, apparently.

FORT Fogey

I have no idea what any of the contestant's names are, but am quickly seeing a few I don't like already.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I'm reallllly annoyed that Rory is on here. She was on a CMT reality show called "Popularity Contest" and placed second!
    Not that this is new, a repeat reality contestant that is, but to be able to come over to a reality show where the viewers will vote.. :nono That's not fair IMO. She's already "known" to the viewers who watch CMT and not to mention, a whole town!
    Just doesn't seem to be fair at all.

Here's the reality show, Popularity Contest, and here's what she's been up to after that show Vega, Texas.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

OK, why is FORT featuring Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen but not this show in the main section? I'm really ready for the summer of reality food TV. This 2-hour premiere was a great start to the new season.

After disappointments with "mainstream" reality TV -- a trifecta of blech with not much to root for in the latest TAR, Survivor, and Idol finales, and not much promise from the obnoxious contestants in the new pirate one, I was afraid that they had all lost their touch with casting and general interest, and basically jumped the shark. Hubby and I were agreeing that when a show makes us look forward to Big Brother in comparison, that's not a good sign.

In contrast, as a relative late-comer to these reality competitions, the Food Network seems to be hitting their stride and giving us something to sink our teeth into. I was definitely satisfied, entertained, and looking forward to the rest of the season. They seem to have some real contenders.

I thought it was great to have a 2-hr first episode. I also thought the idea of having 3 challenges before someone was eliminated to be a good one. That way nobody can cry about not really getting a chance before they were eliminated.

I too don't know why Rory is there. She didn't do well with the potluck challange and she was mediocre on the wedding one. I don't remember what her cake looked like.

I thought Rory would be gone last night. Wasn't her cake the one that was supposed to look like a Texas sunrise or sunset?

Quote Originally Posted by kattatude;2429227;
    I thought Rory would be gone last night. Wasn't her cake the one that was supposed to look like a Texas sunrise or sunset?
    Yeah, it was the one with the mounds of frosting...green, orange, and blue, IIRC. My ten-year-old would have loved it ;-)

Her cake WAS horrible. I laughed when Duff said something like it was 60% frosting and 40% cake (or 50/50.) It also leaned... and the green "grass" frosting was particularly haphazard and ugly looking. She failed that one miserably. I didn't pay attention to how well she did in the final challenge to know whether she was adequate enough to last past next week. I think she was only spared by the fact that Vivien's teammates all seemed to gang up on her.

+ Reply to Thread