+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 228 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    interesting reading - poor Steve was EXTREMELY sick during the market basket challenge. And Dan mentioned that he did think that it was like "cheating" when Deborah copied their salmon in a pastry.
    Yeah I thought that too but she paid for it when her demonstration (non-demonstration rather) was awful. She just didn't have the chops, she or Susannah -- I didn't want either of them to win.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    It was a setup! The more I think about it, the more I think they advanced Deborah to the finals just to be sure Dan/Steve would win. (I'm about half joking/half serious with this statement.) Where were those "vote for the worst" people from American Idol? I wish Deborah would have won just so Food Network would be stuck with her.

Susannah and Hans were so much more derserving of being in the final than Deborah - or Dan/Steve, IMO.

I wasn't a big fan of Susannah, but felt sorry for her to have to leave when Deborah was staying. The only similarity I see between her and Rachel Ray is hairstyle. Susannah seems a little older and is prettier.

I agree with everthing you said. From the first episode I sensed that they would favor the gay couple with a sense of humor if they could deliver the goods. It fills a hole in their programing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    I agree with everthing you said. From the first episode I sensed that they would favor the gay couple with a sense of humor if they could deliver the goods. It fills a hole in their programing.
    Yeah, this whole "contest" may have just been a clever way to get PR for the Dan & Steve show.

FORT Fanatic
    I don't think Deborah was at all relateable (wrong word?) She just seemed fake, like a tv personality who you would forget about 5 minutes after seeing her show. But I don't think she was cheating with the puff pastry salmon. They gave them like 5 ingredients, two of which are salmon and puff pastry. Not surprising that more than one would produce salmon in puff pastry.
    I would love to see a vegetarian chef, as someone mentioned above. Raw food I don't think would work because it takes so much time to make that stuff - who the hell is going to fashion their own pasta from coconut milk and sunshine like those people do. Even Roxanne's, a famous raw food place outside of San Francisco, just went out of business because the stuff is so much money and time to make and just doesn't have a huge audience.
    I like the guys who won - but I liked Hans too. And I loved when Big Eric would just stare into the camera, lost!

I liked Hans from the beginning and was sorry he didn't get to be in the final 2, but the gay couple was my second favorite. I would have definitely watched a show with Hans and maybe will watch one with Steve & Dan. I wonder how it will affect their catering business?

I did not think Deborah should have been in the final 2, so it is a relief to find out she did not win. Would you believe I had to come here to find it out? The Food Network was sloppy about how they timed their show, so my Tivoed program ended before they announced who won. Not to mention all the people who Tivoed or saw this on repeats did not get a chance to vote. They could have arranged that better! Then I was unable to see who won on their web site. Plus they don't have message forums anymore so I can't even post this to them! [grumpy]
    What I did find listed under the final episode were a lot of their recipes. Notably, "Salmon Wellington" was included, but Deborah's salmon in puff pastry wasn't.
    Last edited by Harvest; 06-28-2005 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    ...Would you believe I had to come here to find it out? The Food Network was sloppy about how they timed their show, so my Tivoed program ended before they announced who won. Not to mention all the people who Tivoed or saw this on repeats did not get a chance to vote. They could have arranged that better! Then I was unable to see who won on their web site. Plus they don't have message forums anymore so I can't even post this to them! [grumpy]...
    The same thing happened to me. I was watching on Tivo, and Emeril says "And the winner is" then it cuts off! Frustrating, yet somewhat funny. I came to FORT to see who won. When I Tivo a sporting event, I always Tivo the show coming on after it in case it runs long or goes into overtime. I guess I will need to start doing that with other stuff, too.

I was just wondering what happened to Dan and Steve recently, and today I FINALLY saw a commercial for their new show--supposed to start Sept. 18! They didn't have a title other than "Dan & Steve's New Show" which I know they aren't going to keep. What happened to "Soup to Nuts"?

Anyway I'm super excited to see the show, I really liked these guys a lot.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Okay, I guess the old title didn't stick. Here's a link to some info on Dan & Steve's new show, now called "Party Line."
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ds/

I don't like the new title, BTW, it's very forgettable. Also, I'm irritated that someone misspelled "Hors d'Oeuvres" on their page, but I'm splitting hairs now. I just want the best for Dan & Steve!
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fan
    Yay, Snow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's excited. I'm not a fan of the new name either. "Party Line" isn't a strong title at all and sounds too let's-hook-up-at-the-rave, whereas they're more like who's-bringing-the-fondue-pot. But I can't wait to see the show!

Did you see the premiere, Boohoo? I missed it this weekend.

By the way, I know many of our own FORTers are culinary superstars in their own kitchens...How about applying for the next season?

Apply to be the Next Food Network Star!!!
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show...274202,00.html

+ Reply to Thread