+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 228 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I still think I would have enjoyed seeing a pilot from Hans. He definitely would have slowed down and it would have made a much more interesting ending.

Deborah was all over the place. Why would you put the same ingredients in everything? All of that seasoned salt gave me water retention just looking at it. She eventually mentioned that "Daddy's herbs" contained thyme, basil, oregano, but it was an afterthought, not information.

I think Dan and Steve could really polish up what they are doing and work out the kinks and really have a terrific show. They are entertaining without being pushy, they know food and they have a genuine-ness about them that is appealing.

I'm still annoyed Hans didn't get the chance to be in the final 2, but I was thankful that Dan/Steve won over Deborah.

Susannah was surprised she lost to Deborah, especially after watching Deborah make mistakes with Harry Smith.

This was a really entertaining show. I'm glad I tuned in and will definitely watch in September to see Dan and Steve do their thing.

FORT Fogey
    I agree that Hans should have been in the final two. In my post above I meant Susannah over Deborah. Hans was far superior to either of these women. His fault was trying to impress them with how much he could prepare out of the ingredience, forgetting about his feedback. I am sure he has kicked himself many times for making this huge mistake.

Hans didn't win! I really liked him and was sad to see him booted before the final two, so what if he spoke fast, he knew his stuff (he was over ambitious in his demo- that was the problem, he should have cut a dish). All the judges agreed that he knew his stuff! Iwas interested in every dish he made, and he was quite a dish himself!

I'm happy Dan & Steve won!

I liked both of them and I look forward to seeing the show. There were a couple others I wouldn't mind seeing but overall I was happy with the finale.

I wasn't crazy about Susannah or Deborah and was very surprised Deborah went to culinary school. I liked Hans and Harmony - with some work they'd be just fine.

It would be nice if they had a vegetarian/raw foodist cook on the network. Eventhough I'm neither I would be very interested in trying out some dishes.
    Last edited by MICHEY; 06-27-2005 at 10:30 AM.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Newbie
    Shazzer - Like you, I thought the "750" referred to calories and couldn't believe she considered that diet food. But, because the cooking segment was supposed to be budget cooking, and the judges commented that Suzanna was the only one who even mentioned this topic, I think the "750" referred to $7.50. That makes more sense in the context of dieting and budget cooking.

Oh Spicy! I also thought 750 was the calories, but I figured since it was 'dinner for 4' then she meant the entire plate for 4 was 750, so divided by 4 wouldn't be that bad. I am the queen of rationalization.

I wanted the chicken and Dan and Steve's salmon, I was so annoyed with how Deborah's salmon 'magically appeared' and was a rip-off of theirs. Since my Hans couldn't win, I'm clad D&S did! They were fun and had a good report. And Lobster Pot Pie? Yum! Hungry now.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    for Dan and Steve. Did you catch the Food Network Pres saying they had their first production meeting this morning! Cool!

I obviously have no idea what they are looking for even thought I have watched the Food Network all the time for years! I wanted Brook to win!

After he was cut (in the first freakin episode) I had some people I didn't want to win (Michael, Harmony, Deborah) people I enjoyed (Susannah and Eric) but couldn't see winning (Susannah, because she was all concept, no personality, and Eric because he was no-concept, all personality), and thought Hans and Dan/Steve should be the finalists. I knew that I wasn't right, because I also saw that preview that showed Deborah cooking in Rachel Ray's kitchen, and knew that that episode was the finale. I was already set up to vote for whoever went up against Deborah and started to actively dislike her.

I can't beleive nobody on this site was able to vote, I couldn't either. I wonder how many votes they received.
    Could does not mean should

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    Deborah She burned her chicken. Garlic powder and fresh garlic in her greens with no explanation for the redundancy. Boullion AND chicken stock, again with no reason given. Daddy's herbs needed an recipe and it's value to keep on hand. No timing mentioned for the chicken in fat or oven. "Stay with me, we are out of time." Her personality has NEVER been genuine. Her hair is TERRIBLE. Her theme could have been chef to the stars. Fried chicken and greens is NOT Carribean. What a mess.

I have no idea why she beat out Susannah for a place in the finals unless they just wanted an African American woman since they do not have one on their roster. Susannah resembles Rachael Ray only slightly. Shoulder length brown hair and a big smile is all I can see. Their personalities and focus are very different.

Did anyone pick up on the fact that Dan and Steve may be a part of a show that features a number of chefs? The program is already named so this crossed my mind.

These men were my first choice so I am pleased. I would have preferred to have Susannah second place. She was not a favorite of mine but she had the skill to have earned that position.
    It was a setup! The more I think about it, the more I think they advanced Deborah to the finals just to be sure Dan/Steve would win. (I'm about half joking/half serious with this statement.) Where were those "vote for the worst" people from American Idol? I wish Deborah would have won just so Food Network would be stuck with her.

Susannah and Hans were so much more derserving of being in the final than Deborah - or Dan/Steve, IMO.

I wasn't a big fan of Susannah, but felt sorry for her to have to leave when Deborah was staying. The only similarity I see between her and Rachel Ray is hairstyle. Susannah seems a little older and is prettier.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show..._32077,00.html

interesting reading - poor Steve was EXTREMELY sick during the market basket challenge. And Dan mentioned that he did think that it was like "cheating" when Deborah copied their salmon in a pastry.

It was a setup! The more I think about it, the more I think they advanced Deborah to the finals just to be sure Dan/Steve would win. (I'm about half joking/half serious with this statement.)
    i think your conspiracy theory is right on

plus the fact that people said they couldn't log onto the site to vote... they did that to make you think the site was overwhelmed or something

plus really, the 2 finalists were given with not that much time to count and tabulate votes...the whole voting thing was a placebo

+ Reply to Thread