+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Oh carp! I forgot to watch.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Yes, Eddie got the boot. Teddy was saved for yet another week. During the judges deliberation, Girl Judge (Susan? Susanna?) said she would be happy with both of them gone. Bob said he wanted Teddy to leave. Bobby Flay said he wanted Eddie out because he did not think Eddie had either "food knowledge" or "cooking knowledge" to be on foodnetwork. Sorry, I can't remember exactly which he said and I already deleted from my TiVo. But I thought this was very telling because Eddie had not wanted to be paired up with Melissa because she was "just a home cook" and didn't have all the skills and training he had. Gotta love irony.

But I thought it was interesting that Bobby Flay's choice was the one that got the boot and not Bob's. Hope that helps those that missed it.

Kanga

It's weird how Teddy's persona changes when he is on camera...it's also weird what a cry baby he is. I think I would like him as a host on the Food Network but I don't think I could get the image of the crying out of my mind long enough to focus on his cooking.

FORT Fanatic

I thought either Eddie or Teddy deserved to go. After the way Eddie acted towards Melissa though, I do feel he was more deserving to leave.

I am suprised that Teddy has ended up being such a cry baby. In Week One, he seemed much more poised than that.

they shoulda tossed both them cats off

but Eddie FAILED the most because he created some rediculous/inedible onion watermelon salad concoction and then justified it by shouting out Paula Dean's cookbook, LOL

Teddy is a better cook (even Eddie admitted it); but Teddy has some weird multiple personality issues... The guy has this fake "tv peronality" persona, then he morphs into this non assertive weakling, then he morphs into an attack dog when he feels he is cornered and attempts to *defend* hisself, then he morphs into this emotional whiny lil man raining tears.

i'm convinced Jeffery got this... the worst the judges can say about him is that he keeps repeating the same story bout his daughter and him eating crapes. and Jamika is right there also because of personality and they have loved her dishes so far

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't get these people's names right for love or money!! I remember Jimika because it is not an everyday name, but is becoming more everyday...everyday! Sorry for any confusion. I said "Teddy" and then I mentioned the horrible eyebrows...that should have told everyone that I am terminally confused with this show!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3515504;
    Sorry I didn't put it in spoilers, but it's amazing how many West Coasters are always wanting spoilers. Sorry! Please forgive me.
    OK. Thanks.

I was glad to see that it was Eddie and not Teddy who was cut.
    Teddy came off so normal at the beginning, but now he is seeming like he has a lot of issues he needs to overcome.

Still, I was surprised to see Debbie, of all people, calling him out on the integrity issue. Debbie has not exactly establshed herself as a paragon of virtue on this show. And, I still don't understand why the judges are so enamored of her.

I like Melissa, but she is starting to wear on my nerves and seem like a more mature version of Kelsey from last season; not a good thing for me.

I think my 2 favorites are still Jeffrey and Michael. They appear to make food I'd actually like to eat. Michael reminds me of Reggie from a few seasons ago. He had a great, flamboyant personality that ws very likable. Jeffrey seems like a class act and a good cook.

I loved seeing Ina Garten on this episode. I would just love to be invited for one of her parties. Her recipes are some of the best that are on the Food Network. If you've never made any of them, I'd highly recommend them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ugh, I was soooo jealous that the finalists got to go to Ina's house.

Thank goodness the grownup Jimmy Neutron is gone! He was driving me nuts this past episode between the awkward spot he did at the grocery store to the way he was so condescending to Melissa. I could also tell just from looking at the salad that there was a looooot of onion in there and not that much watermelon, blech.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3527863;
    Ugh, I was soooo jealous that the finalists got to go to Ina's house.

Thank goodness the grownup Jimmy Neutron is gone!
    He was driving me nuts this past episode between the awkward spot he did at the grocery store to the way he was so condescending to Melissa. I could also tell just from looking at the salad that there was a looooot of onion in there and not that much watermelon, blech.
    Too funny.
    I was just very surprised that it turned out to be a Paula Deen recipe.
    I would never have thought him to be a fan of hers.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

After all, she is a w-o-m-a-n.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread