+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3502243;
    It sure seemed like either Debbie or Jameka is being pimped by the judges.....

As FN has neither a Korean cook nor a Caribbean cook, perhaps they are wanting 1 of these 2 to fill the void.
    Is Debbie cooking Korean food though? I had the impression that she's more a Southern cook. Actually, I have no idea what her style is LOL! But for some reason I'm pretty sure it's not Korean or even a fusion style. Could be wrong though, I just can't remember.

According to Bob's blog on the Food Network, it looks like there is a lot of backlash in regards with Debbie not being eliminated. I think they will keep her on for ratings but doubt they would hire her since she is not well liked.

Regarding her cooking, didn't she make some sort of a Korean potsticker that was infused with a little southern spice? In her bio, she says her cooking style is "Korean with a soulful edge".

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can't remember his name, but there is the one contestant that reminds me of Jimmy Neutron and his eyebrows are extremely distracting for me. They look like eyebrows that might be the kind painted on a marionette.

The "mommy" chef has got to get that on-running kid stuff off her mind. I do like her, but she's jeopardizing by tying everything back to kids. I'd like to try that baked egg dish she made, though.

I am so glad that "sniper guy" is gone. What he did was so hateful, when he sniped at "mommy chef" from the ol' bell tower. He offers her help, she makes the mistake of accepting, and then he lowered himself to sniping when they were in front of the judges. His little hyper buddy ditched on him first chance that he got; glad he decided to show loyalty to himself and his own best interest instead of following dumb bunny's lead. I've worked with people like that before, and they deserve whatever ripping that they get. Jeez, what a jerk.

Gay guy really enjoys what he does and is very creative. Good for him! I like his style.

Antioxidant girl......well, just bless her heart. I'm not sure that she can change. She just looks bewildered when called out for her style, which is boring du jour. I remember when Marcel used to look bewildered when they would negatively comment on his cooking. We've seen so many cooks/chefs that I can't even remember what show Marcel was on.

I hope Jimika keeps it simple. That seems to really be what works on these shows.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3504848;
    Can't remember his name, but there is the one contestant that reminds me of Jimmy Neutron and his eyebrows are extremely distracting for me. They look like eyebrows that might be the kind painted on a marionette.

The "mommy" chef has got to get that on-running kid stuff off her mind. I do like her, but she's jeopardizing by tying everything back to kids. I'd like to try that baked egg dish she made, though.

I am so glad that "sniper guy" is gone. What he did was so hateful, when he sniped at "mommy chef" from the ol' bell tower. He offers her help, she makes the mistake of accepting, and then he lowered himself to sniping when they were in front of the judges. His little hyper buddy ditched on him first chance that he got; glad he decided to show loyalty to himself and his own best interest instead of following dumb bunny's lead. I've worked with people like that before, and they deserve whatever ripping that they get. Jeez, what a jerk.

Gay guy really enjoys what he does and is very creative. Good for him! I like his style.

Antioxidant girl......well, just bless her heart. I'm not sure that she can change. She just looks bewildered when called out for her style, which is boring du jour. I remember when Marcel used to look bewildered when they would negatively comment on his cooking. We've seen so many cooks/chefs that I can't even remember what show Marcel was on.

I hope Jimika keeps it simple. That seems to really be what works on these shows.
    I'm sitting on the couch with an icepack on my shoulder that is hurting so much that I'm trying not to cry and your post made me laugh! Thanks so much for the enjoyable read!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3500308;
    I love Guy, I want to go to about 95% of the places he's been to on DDD
    I love Guy in the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, but do NOT watch him on his cooking show. He's got the perfect personality to go into each of the varied types of places and get the inside look, but I wouldn't ever cook his style food.

I wish it was easier to find the locations from his show though - like search by city...I looked for St. Louis places this spring, and plan a drive from Upstate NY to FL and wanted to stop at a few along the way and back. REALLY rough research ;-)

[QUOTE=prhoshay;3504848;]Can't remember his name, but there is the one contestant that reminds me of Jimmy Neutron and his eyebrows are extremely distracting for me. They look like eyebrows that might be the kind painted on a marionette.

Too, too funny.
    I was just talking with someone about that Jimmy Neutron hairstyle the other day, along with overly waxed / plucked eyebrows on men. That would be th chef from Manhattan Beach, CA who made the Valentine's Day dinner for the girlfriend. When he started to go on about their first time alone without the roommates, Bobby Flay wisely told him to stop. TMI.
    I couldn't watch 5 minutes of a show with this guy, let alone 30 minutes.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3500308;
    I love Guy, I want to go to about 95% of the places he's been to on DDD
    He has done 3 shows from here (SLC) - all three places which I frequent. (The food is "awesome" and each dish is "money" ) They did the tapings in one visit but showed them on separate episodes. The worst part of it now, though, is my secret watering holes are not so secret anymore.

[QUOTE=norealityhere;3504942;]
    Can't remember his name, but there is the one contestant that reminds me of Jimmy Neutron and his eyebrows are extremely distracting for me. They look like eyebrows that might be the kind painted on a marionette

Too, too funny.
    I was just talking with someone about that Jimmy Neutron hairstyle the other day, along with overly waxed / plucked eyebrows on men. That would be th chef from Manhattan Beach, CA who made the Valentine's Day dinner for the girlfriend. When he started to go on about their first time alone without the roommates, Bobby Flay wisely told him to stop. TMI.
    I couldn't watch 5 minutes of a show with this guy, let alone 30 minutes.
    That guy totally freaks me out. I think his name is Eddie. I just got this feeling from him that he dotes over his girlfriend in that overly romantic, almost crazy kinda way. TMI agreed.

I am totally jealous of the finalists that they are going to Ina Garten's house in next weeks episode! I love love love Ina Garten!

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3504895;
    I love Guy in the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, but do NOT watch him on his cooking show.
    Same here. I love watching DD&D but hate his cooking show.
    Chittlins forever y'all!

I can't stand it when men wax their eyebrows in order to shape them, they look creepy to me! I can see tweezing between the eyes to get rid of the unibrow but when they get all shaped, it looks horrible!

+ Reply to Thread