+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3500671;
    He's walking into Dumar's in Norfolk, Virginia. Just a little shout-out from my neck of the woods..
    Hey neighbor. We drove to Dumar's after seeing that episode and let me tell you..... it was so disappointing!! The burgers were tiny and not very tasty and I thought the shakes and stuff were better at Sonic (and I can't stand Sonic) not to mention it was so expensive (for what you got). I was not impressed and it made me question the validity of this show if they made it look so awesome on tv and it didn't live up to it in person. There are definitely better dives in Norfolk.

I think Guy is this shows one shining example. He's the one they hold up when people ask how good this show is at finding a star. But does lightening strike twice? I've yet to see it. I don't see a Guy level star in this group. I think some of them will be ok but I just don't see them breaking out like he did.

I have to agree that they seem to have marked Debbie as their chosen one and I'm not sure why. I've yet to see anything that will make me want to tune in to her show but it's still early. I'll wait and see what more she and the others bring to the table (ha ha).

I agree with you, for some unknown reason Debbie seems to be the judges darling. I don't get it at all.

The mom from Texas reminds me a slightly older version of Rory from a previous season of NFS (Rory was a blond gal also from Texas who had enormous teeth). I couldn't stand Rory, and am not fond of the mom either.

I am still rooting for Jeffrey or Michael FTW.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3501463;
    Boy, anyone else notice that nasty looks that Giada shoots at the contestants? Me thinks she can be a real bitch!

Yes you're right. She does seem that way. Unlike Rachael Ray, who's willing to help everyone, Giada has to let everyone know that she's Top Dog.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3501445;
    Good show tonight. I think Katie should have been kicked off, but I think her days are numbered anyway. The "mom" cook is bugging the heck out of me. She needs to go. I think the judges have Debbie picked to win. We shall see...

I thought that Katie should have been the one to go last night. I agree with Bob, every time she pushes the healthy stuff, it makes me want to go eat junk, lol. Katie is very annoying.

I am enjoying Melissa though. She seems very real and approachable, someone I would like to watch.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Is the mom cook Melissa? Anyway, I wonder why a home cook would even try for this show. You know that her lack of culinary expertise is going to get her thrown out. I did feel bad for her when the big guy threw her under the bus. I mean, they offered to help and then he used it against her? What a horrible person! I'm glad he was kicked off after that display of ugliness!

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3501820;
    Is the mom cook Melissa? Anyway, I wonder why a home cook would even try for this show. You know that her lack of culinary expertise is going to get her thrown out. I did feel bad for her when the big guy threw her under the bus. I mean, they offered to help and then he used it against her? What a horrible person! I'm glad he was kicked off after that display of ugliness!
    I was glad to see him go too, that was awful what he did. I agree with some of the other comments about Giada, ugh...can't stand her and her nasty stares.

I still like Jeffrey a lot. There's a few others that I'm keeping an eye on, there's lots of potential this time compared to other years.

Finally saw Adam's show (Will work for food) last week-end. Wow, what a disappointment! He just has no charisma or sense of humor which surprised me as I liked him on The Next Food Network Star last year.

It sure seemed like either Debbie or Jameka is being pimped by the judges.
    I'm not a big fan of Debbie's since last week when she took no responsibility for the angel food cake.
    Jameka seems OK in comparison, though her food doesn't overly appeal to me and I'm just nt that excited by her presentation.

As FN has neither a Korean cook nor a Caribbean cook, perhaps they are wanting 1 of these 2 to fill the void.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3501749;
    I thought that Katie should have been the one to go last night. I agree with Bob, every time she pushes the healthy stuff, it makes me want to go eat junk, lol. . .
    I totally agree -- and I cook/eat healthy (haven't even been to a fast food place for nearly a decade), but Katie's preaching makes me crave bacon cheeseburgers and fries. The bad ones.

As a healthy cook/eater, I despise anyone who makes "healthy stuff" bland, boring, and unappealing in any way.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

In addition to having bad recipes, she just does have any tv presence! Those eyeballs go in different directions when she speaks, can you imagine watching 30 minutes of that?

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3502888;
    In addition to having bad recipes . . .
    I question her culinary training. She wouldn't recognize seasoning/aromatic herbs/etc. if they jumped up and bit her in the oh-my-goodness! (Which also makes me question her knowledge of "health stuff," since most aromatic herbs and spices have some sort of health benefits. Has Koo-Koo Katie never watched Ellie Krieger on FN?)
    . . . she just does have any tv presence! Those eyeballs go in different directions when she speaks, can you imagine watching 30 minutes of that?
    Not sober -- her show would have the potential of inspiring numerous drinking games . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread