+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3140540;
    I wouldn't watch a Lisa show, and really love Guy's DDD, but never ever watch his individual cooking show. I used to watch Dan and Steve when their show was on Sunday mornings (I'd wake up with them and tried several of their recipes for small parties or family gatherings). I miss them on Sundays before Meet the Press.

I think taking Rachel off of travel (food of Boston was on this weekend), and having an Adam do it would be great - I really want good suggestions for when we go to different cities and Rachel is a bit over the top in this area, though I do watch her 30 minute meals - I got great tips from an After Midnight in New Orleans show in 2003 (and actually went to three of the places they recommended).
    Adam doing a traveling show would be great!

Wouldn't the voting for NFNS begin after the first part of the finale airs? I wouldn't see much point in voting until we see the challenge. The judges don't deliberate until after the challenge (hypothetically, lol), so why should we be voting before then?

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3140663;
    Wouldn't the voting for NFNS begin after the first part of the finale airs? I wouldn't see much point in voting until we see the challenge.
    That's how they've done it in the past, but after last season's Amy fiasco, they've taken the choice out of the hands of the viewers and put it solely in those of the judging panel.

They do have a "fans' favorite" poll, though. It means nothing in terms of who's going to get a show, but there are some prizes involved.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3140676;
    That's how they've done it in the past, but after last season's Amy fiasco, they've taken the choice out of the hands of the viewers and put it solely in those of the judging panel.

They do have a "fans' favorite" poll, though. It means nothing in terms of who's going to get a show, but there are some prizes involved.
    Man, I must have been loopy when I was watching on Sunday, lol! I totally missed that bit. Ah well, at least they "hopefully" will choose a good winner !

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3140721;
    Man, I must have been loopy when I was watching on Sunday, lol! I totally missed that bit. Ah well, at least they "hopefully" will choose a good winner !
    IMO, they missed that boat when they kicked Kevin out.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3140676;

How was Amy's win a fiasco? She taped her contractual number of shows then chose not to continue with it. I would think there is a right to cancel by both sides, not just the network.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3140785;
    How was Amy's win a fiasco? She taped her contractual number of shows then chose not to continue with it. I would think there is a right to cancel by both sides, not just the network.
    Here is a direct quote from Amy Finley about why she chose not to continue with her show. This quote comes from the "Where Are They Now" page on the NFNS part of the FN website.

"Will you be back for another season?"

I will not be back for another season. The producers offered me more shows, but with my family I decided it was time to move on to other projects. The lifestyle and obligations of a television personality – including cultivating the thick skin it takes to survive the harsh criticism and vicious personal attacks mounted by bloggers – just aren’t compatible with my goals or my family at this time.
    I think the fiasco that the poster refers to was the "Jag" mess. At least that's how it sounded to me.
    Susan

FORT Fogey

I think it is good that Amy knew what was right for her family and did not put being a TV star first.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Last year's contest was the first I watched. I didn't think Amy's winning was a fiasco as I had no interest in watching the runner-up's show.

I think both last year and this year, the failures are in the initial casting and the in judges eliminating some of the most talented/likeable contestants for small reasons having to do with some facet of an idiotic challenge.

Personally, I'd rather see each episode be each contestant presenting a mini-tv program. The first episode could be each contestant preparing an appetizer in a 3-min segment. Segments would get longer as contestants were eliminated. Then you'd be evaluating what's really important for a FN host. IMO, a lot of these challenges (especially the ones with nearly impossible time deadlines) don't do this.

Out of the three remaining contestants I can't say that I'd watch a show by any of them. There is something positive and negative about each one, and I can't say that any one stands out more than the others.

I guess I could relate more to Adam or Aaron moreso than Lisa, but Lisa does have mad skills. I just wonder if she's warm and engaging enough to host.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3141009;
    Out of the three remaining contestants I can't say that I'd watch a show by any of them. There is something positive and negative about each one, and I can't say that any one stands out more than the others.

I guess I could relate more to Adam or Aaron moreso than Lisa, but Lisa does have mad skills. I just wonder if she's warm and engaging enough to host.
    I wonder if Lisa has enough self deprecating humor to pull off a "Desperate Housewives" style show, playing the gal next door who's always more perfect than you are. Frankly, that's the path that Martha Stewart took, and look at her now.

+ Reply to Thread