+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3139584;
    I am surprised that there are 3 in the finals. Are the viewers not able to vote this year? Is it just going to be determined by the judges?
    This is what was puzzling me, too. They said to go on Food Network to "vote," but all I could find was "vote for fan favorite"! Also the finale says the winner will be chosen, so if their presentations next week are what determines the winner, they are not giving the viewers time to vote. That sucks bid time.

Although the viewers sometimes make mistakes, as with Guy. Do you have to be loud and obnoxious like him and Rachel Ray to get a show on the network? I just want to slap those stupid sunglasses off the back of his head every time.

We are still rooting for Lisa 100%. We love her 1920s hair bob, her anime half-moon eyes, her clothes, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3140151;
    This is what was puzzling me, too. They said to go on Food Network to "vote," but all I could find was "vote for fan favorite"! Also the finale says the winner will be chosen, so if their presentations next week are what determines the winner, they are not giving the viewers time to vote. That sucks bid time.

Although the viewers sometimes make mistakes, as with Guy. Do you have to be loud and obnoxious like him and Rachel Ray to get a show on the network? I just want to slap those stupid sunglasses off the back of his head every time.

We are still rooting for Lisa 100%. We love her 1920s hair bob, her anime half-moon eyes, her clothes, everything.
    My sentiments exactly. Guy F. drives me crazy. He is just loud and obnoxious. I'd like either Lisa or Aaron. Am leaning toward Lisa as I think I could really learn from her. She's a real chef and FN needs more of those.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3140212;
    My sentiments exactly. Guy F. drives me crazy. He is just loud and obnoxious. I'd like either Lisa or Aaron. Am leaning toward Lisa as I think I could really learn from her. She's a real chef and FN needs more of those.
    As much as I have come to like Lisa, she is by no means a 'real' chef. In fact she has no formal culinary training at all. She just happens to be married to a Chef.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I think Guy F said it best have Adam do the opening, Aaron plan the menu and have Lisa cook it.

I must say that Aaron did fabulous in the promo, horribly in the presentation and totally failed as far as having 3 pasta dishes. What in the world did he do with a $1000 budget. You cannot tell me he spent it all.

Is this season 4 or 5? So out of all the seasons who do I even know. Guy F who seems to be everywhere. The 2 guys who are on late at night and I never see. The Neelys. Ugh. Whatever happened to last winner. She was here and gone??? So has the show really been that successful in finding Food Network Stars???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3140280;
    As much as I have come to like Lisa, she is by no means a 'real' chef. In fact she has no formal culinary training at all. She just happens to be married to a Chef.
    Really?!? Very interesting...
    Honestly, I think she is a bit snobby and this news amuses me!

Is being formally trained a requirement for being a "real" chef? I didn't know that. This is from her bio...

the co-owner of and special event planner at Suze Restaurant (her husband, Gilbert, is Suze’s executive chef). Lisa has no formal culinary training, but she has apprenticed for her chef husband for the last 15 to 16 years.
    Lisa is definitely the most polarizing character on this show, you either love her or hate her, doesn't seem to be a middle ground where she is concerned. I rather love her because she is such the underdog with the viewers considering all the nasty rumors and comments that surround her. Poor thing, it all makes me want to hug her and hope she wins.

Anyways, whether or not she is classically trained I think she is the most experienced and the most knowledgeable of all the contestants this season. She seems to know her way around food and cooking better than the two recent grads of CIA.

For the record? That's not a wig she is wearing unless she has some crazy super glue on her scalp that allows her to yank a brush through it while blow drying it. LOL.

Judging from Lisa's knife skills, I suspect her husband does the "executive chef" role and Lisa does all the work. She's fast, almost as fast as TC's Hung.

FORT Fogey

I was watching Guy last night on D, D, & D and thought about what a great job he has done for the network. He is wonderful on that show. He is very knowledgable about food and the restaurant world.

And if Lisa is not wearing a wig, perhaps she should consider it. And what nasty rumors have there been about her?

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3139727;
    THAT is Lisa??? I like her look better in THAT picture!
    She does look better in that photo, imo. I looked at the "reviews" page and I think the photo is of Lisa and her husband. There are only three reviews which date back to 2001 and 2002.

GuideLive Suze

FORT Fogey

I wouldn't watch a Lisa show, and really love Guy's DDD, but never ever watch his individual cooking show. I used to watch Dan and Steve when their show was on Sunday mornings (I'd wake up with them and tried several of their recipes for small parties or family gatherings). I miss them on Sundays before Meet the Press.

I think taking Rachel off of travel (food of Boston was on this weekend), and having an Adam do it would be great - I really want good suggestions for when we go to different cities and Rachel is a bit over the top in this area, though I do watch her 30 minute meals - I got great tips from an After Midnight in New Orleans show in 2003 (and actually went to three of the places they recommended).

+ Reply to Thread