+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Does anybody know just how many shows Amy recorded and how many of those actually were broadcast?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I think Amy taped 6 shows. I'm not sure how many were shown though. I kept meaning to watch and always forgot to.

I can't off the top of my head think of any Food Network show that features the French and Continental cuisine that Lisa would offer and that I would love to see. Monkfish can be very tasty. It takes a little like lobster at a lower price. Her cassoulet from last week looked delicious. I'd definitely be downloading recipes from her show to try.

They already have plently of Italian, some Asian and some Greek (all of which I love). There is down-home Southern, Southwestern, and barbecue, most of which I don't much care for, but I will try some of Paula's recipes. And there is a variety of everyday American cooking.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;3139763;
    I agree that Adam could do more of a "Guy F" type show...maybe replace the Neeleys on a travel and eat show.
    Ooooooh...great idea...let Adam do "Road Tasted" instead of the Neelys!

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4
    Then again, whoever wins this season may end up doing only a short run of shows like Amy Finley did.
    Yeah, she sure faded fast, didn't she? I know that Guy is still on-air, but does anyone know whatever happened to that couple that won the first season? (Dan and Steve?)

I caught a small part of Amy's show....but was bored and never watched it again. I wonder how the runner up (can't remember her name) would have done. I don't think she was as boring as Amy so maybe I would have watched it.

I can't stand the Neelys, ugh....how did they get their own show?!

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3139509;
    Paula Deen smokes too, but she wishes she didn't, and is embarrassed about it.
    Paula is just a TV personality/cook and not a respected and professionally trained chef. My big dispair is with the top chefs smoking - all of the Iron Chefs and any of the guest chefs on Top Chef etc. These people are supposed to be able to work with the subtleties of flavors and I question their ability to do this when they smoke. I'll get off of my soap box with this subject to spare you all from asking me to.

We have Guy and like him. We don't need Adam doing the same thing. Bobby Flay jealous of Adam? This does not compute. Bobby has 2 shows already and I believe the BBQ shows are just seasonal and of limited duration. I love BBQ shows, but they become repetitive after a while. Unless Adam has more to offer than he has indicated so far I see no need for him on the FN.

I agree that Aaron is probably over his head in this competition, but he can cook for me anytime he wants.

I like Lisa more each show.

FORT Fogey

I saw one of Amy's shows and thought she did a good job. Her food really did not appeal to me though.

Amy was the best candidate last year and never should have been eliminated ahead of Jag or Rory. At least she was brought back after his faux pas and the viewers wisely voted for her.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Ah yes, Rory! Couldn't remember her name, but I'll never forget her teeth!

I am a fan of Guy and his DDD show. I've gotten passed the hairstyle and the sunglasses thing that used to bug me when he first came to be on The Food Network EVERY day.

I am sure there are more avenues to be explored when Adam gets his own show (power of positive thinking )

As for the Neeley's . . . I can watch the Mr, but the Mrs is just a little to overbearing for me. Nobody is that happy all the time.
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 07-21-2008 at 08:31 PM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3139522;
    The only person who actually has a personality for tv is Lisa. I am not terribly fond of her at all but she is the only truly qualified contestant left. Aaron shouldn't have even made it this far.
    I find it very hard to look a Lisa and would never ever watch her show. She squints way to much and I find it very annoying. To me she seems fake and desperate.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3139853;
    . . . does anyone know whatever happened to that couple that won the first season? (Dan and Steve?)
    They're living in Chicago, busy being dads to their son Nate, catering, working at their restaurant, and writing a book (Talk With Your Mouth Full) due out in September.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread