+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

The only one of three I would watch is Lisa. Her recipes are one I would to both eat and cook and I like her style. I don't dislike the other two, but their food doesn't interest me although Adam can be entertaining.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

[QUOTE=CAdreamin;3139355;]
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3139144;

I can see why the judges had a hard time choosing someone to eliminate tonight. They all have possibilities and while Adam has the least ability to fall into a marketable nitch they couldn't very well eliminate him when he won this challenge. Even though this is the ONLY challenge he has done well in.

QUOTE]

I disagree, I think he's done really well on the past few challenges. I don't know why Bobby is so hard on Adam...maybe he's threatened because he doesn't want more BBQ competition?!
    I agree, I think Adam has been doing a lot better and I would watch him if he kept the clowning down to a minimum. He reminds me of Guy Fieri and I would not be surprised if he appealed to a younger hip audience...... I also agree that Bobby may not want more competition in the BBQ area, but I do see Adam doing similar stuff that Guy does. JMHO

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3139509;
    Paula Deen smokes too, but she wishes she didn't, and is embarrassed about it.
    Never knew lol.. wow!

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3139530;
    Of the three left, the only one I would watch is Aaron. His promo was the best of the group.

Lisa has no business being in the final three, I mean, she was in the bottom two the first week and should have been gone then.
    Aaron had the EASY promo.. i liked it as well, but his food was VERY lacking tonight.

I loved Lisas promo, i only wish she pulled it off better. Lisa has every right to be there.. she has been the only one of the 3 to show she can improve when told where shes fallen short. I still like Adam, and would watch a show he hosted, hes got some great ideas beyond smoked/BBQ foods. Lisa has a wonderful idea in food thats classy and not dumbed down. In the right show she could really shine! Aaron again, comes off as a nice guy, but this is not for him... he even said its like cotton mouth when hes talking.. i can't get beyond that.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 07-21-2008 at 03:28 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3139612;
    Aaron had the EASY promo..
    Yeah -- walking and talking. Whew, that's tough (not). Now, if they'd have had him chewing gum at the same time . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fanatic

I saw a program where Tony Bourdain re-visited a town in France where his family used to live. He and his brother would spend summers there as children, but he otherwise grew up in the U.S.

Someone joked (?) on a blog once that the reason so many chefs smoke is so they can claim they must have a smoking break and get away from the kitchen.

I agree that Adam seemed surprisingly stiff in his segment with the showgirls; you would think he could be more natural since he has been on stage many times. He made a big mistake in not preparing a more polished talk about his buffet. Could he really carry a whole series? I thought Bobby Flay had the grill/barbeque market all sewn up, along with the Neeleys. Maybe that's why Bobby is not too friendly to Adam.

I find the female Mrs. Neeley pretty hard to take; she needs to tone it down a lot.

Lisa certainly has a lot of technical qualifications to have her own show, but when she gets manic with a huge chopping knife in her hand, it's a little scary. I would not want to be within reach.

She apparently has her own restaurants, runs classes, does catering - she has lots of experience. Her buffet looked beautiful. I would not hold the over-done pork against her since she was dealing with an oven unknown to her.

FORT Fogey

Of the buffet choices, Aaron's crabcakes were the best looking food there. His pasta dishes looked good too.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3139622;
    I saw a program where Tony Bourdain re-visited a town in France where his family used to live. He and his brother would spend summers there as children, but he otherwise grew up in the U.S.

Someone joked (?) on a blog once that the reason so many chefs smoke is so they can claim they must have a smoking break and get away from the kitchen.

I agree that Adam seemed surprisingly stiff in his segment with the showgirls; you would think he could be more natural since he has been on stage many times. He made a big mistake in not preparing a more polished talk about his buffet. Could he really carry a whole series? I thought Bobby Flay had the grill/barbeque market all sewn up, along with the Neeleys. Maybe that's why Bobby is not too friendly to Adam.

I find the female Mrs. Neeley pretty hard to take; she needs to tone it down a lot.

Lisa certainly has a lot of technical qualifications to have her own show, but when she gets manic with a huge chopping knife in her hand, it's a little scary. I would not want to be within reach.

She apparently has her own restaurants, runs classes, does catering - she has lots of experience. Her buffet looked beautiful. I would not hold the over-done pork against her since she was dealing with an oven unknown to her.
    Like to Suze, owned by her and her hubby.

GuideLive Suze there is an older pic of her.. WAY different look.

she also does Aprons, as shes mentioned before:

Haute Hostess
    site is under construction atm however.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3139686;
    Of the buffet choices, Aaron's crabcakes were the best looking food there. His pasta dishes looked good too.
    He had 3, yes 3, pasta dishes.. he was too simple and dumbed down if you will.. and they judges called him out on that. He screwed up this time, and he knew it too. They all admitted that his crab cake was wonderful.. but the rest of his dishes suffered because of it. Adam and even Lisa, had a better spread.. not just ONE good dish.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

I guess "simple and dumbed down food" appeals to me.

There wasn't anything on Lisa's table that I would have eaten. Burnt pork and monkfish just aren't appetizing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3139692;
    Like to Suze, owned by her and her hubby.

GuideLive Suze there is an older pic of her.. WAY different look.
    THAT is Lisa??? I like her look better in THAT picture!

FORT Fan

Wowsers....Lisa looks better and "softer" in that picture, but maybe a bit too much like Rachael Ray?? I do think her dutch girl bob is way too severe for her face , she is not very "approachable".

I agree that Adam could do more of a "Guy F" type show...maybe replace the Neeleys on a travel and eat show.

I think that Aaron has been coddled, especially when they gave him such an easy promo. His crab cakes did look yummy, but some of his pasta dishes can be found at Golden Corral IMHO.

Then again, whoever wins this season may end up doing only a short run of shows like Amy Finley did.

+ Reply to Thread