+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3138110;
    [/B]

I thought I was pretty familiar with the FN line-up, but I can't figure out who the French chef is that you refer to. The one I can't stand is that Danny Boome.
    Anthony Bourdain? Maybe?

I for one am a HUGE fan of his lol
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find Bourdain annoying, and usually can only tolerate him in small doses.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

I love the travel shows! I don't particularly care for Giada, she comes across as a snob to me, and about all she sells on camera is food sex---if there's such a thing, lol.

I really liked RR's $40 a day, but I think they may have dropped that one since Rachel has her own morning show. I like Rachel Ray pure and simple. She exudes enthusiasm, always appears cheerful and I really REALLY love her talk show that she got the Emmy for!! She offers so much for the everyday person and stay-at-home mom. I love her make-over shows whatever they're helping to make-over.

My favorite travel show now is Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, with the Deen Bros as a very close second! I like everything Deen!! You too Paula!

For me TV. even food TV, is all about personality, personality, personality! I don't care if they can cook or not, but I guess their food should at least look good!

I like Bourdain a lot -- he's hilarious! But not French, born in New Jersey. (Though I doubt that I'd have the guts to eat even a fraction of what he does . . .) I also enjoy his books; his novels are my favorites for summer beach reading.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3138144;
    I like Bourdain a lot -- he's hilarious! But not French, born in New Jersey. (Though I doubt that I'd have the guts to eat even a fraction of what he does . . .) I also enjoy his books; his novels are my favorites for summer beach reading.
    I really like him a lot too. I love his irreverance, his looks and his intellect. He is of French heritage via his father (father born and raised in France) though. On his show on the Travel Channel, he did a complete hour with his brother on the summers that they would spend in France, and they visited the old family home. It was very interesting, and yet kind of sad, as both parents are deceased.
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3138155;
    I really like him a lot too. I love his irreverance, his looks and his intellect. He is of French heritage via his father (father born and raised in France) though. On his show on the Travel Channel, he did a complete hour with his brother on the summers that they would spend in France, and they visited the old family home. It was very interesting, and yet kind of sad, as both parents are deceased.
    I caught that episode -- it was a good one! More than ever, it made me want to visit small villages in France again.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I absolutely cannot STAND that judge Susie Folgeson. She's so sanctamonius!
    I'd like to see her try to cook on a Coast Guard ship.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy in Kokomo;3138181;
    I absolutely cannot STAND that judge Susie Folgeson. She's so sanctamonius!
    I'd like to see her try to cook on a Coast Guard ship.
    I hate to say, i dont like any of them. Bobs mouth gets to me, Susie is well, yes, sanctamonius, and i cant stand bobby (no B for him) he always give off the air that he just can't be bothered.. and talks down to the females a lot.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Is anyone else tired of Lisa getting free passes just because she has an extensive background in food? She should have been gone in the past two episodes... even paula slammed her mac...said it was horrible *in fact i hate it!..hahahaha! and then she was silent for like 2 freakin minutes on RR....how is she supposed to do a show if she can't open her mouth on air for 2 mintues...seriously? these judges are really starting to piss me off.. it is obvious the weird guy (bob?) had in it for kelsey... and it makes me sick that they keep letting lisa slide through.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3138144;
    I love, love, love Anthony Bourdain. He is one of my top two tv-crushes. The other is always #1 in my foodie heart - Alton Brown.

Too bad neither of the NFNS guys even come close to them in charisma, attitudes, and style so by default I have to vote Lisa as the winner.

Anthony writes novels? Hmmm may have to check that out tomorrow!
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

+ Reply to Thread