+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Looks like it's down to Lisa or Aaron, or is anyone out there rooting for Adam?

For me, my order of preference would be Aaron, then Adam, then Lisa to win even though I think she has the best cooking skills of the three finalists.

I like Aaron's all around nice guy persona the best and feel that he could handle speaking on a show once he got past his nervousness about it. Adam's got a bit of a sense of humor that could possibly go along way on a show. Lisa just seems so frantic and manic when she is cooking and still doesn't seem to be able to cook and talk at the same time. She seems to be too frazzled or something.

I am wondering if Lisa is nearsighted and needs to wear glasses. The way she squints reminds me of when I used to not wear my glasses and would squint to try to see better. So maybe she doesn't wear contacts and doesn't want to wear her glasses on the show? Who knows!

As far as Kelsey's dish at Red Lobster, it was on their special limited-time menu which ended on Tuesday. So if anyone went in now, they would be out of luck.

Lisa has the best culinary skills of all of them, but she's lacking in ratings-grabbing personality. Aaron has mad cooking skills, but I question his ingredient mastery, and he's inconsistent in front of the camera -- though when he's "on," he's really fun and pleasant to watch. Adam's food is way too simple, but he has a consistently attractive TV personality. I'm not impressed with any of them. TIIC effed up big time in getting rid of Kevin; after having seen him several times on KUSI (local San Diego station) news during the "Food Dude" segments, I'm convinced he could have had [at least close to] a Guy Fieri-esque FN career.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I think Aaron is going to win it because in reality most Food Network shows are heavily edited. A good director and editor can easy turn the fact that he prefers to cook and then talk and stuff like that into a good show. Would he make for a good live show or good on Iron Chef, I doubt it. Of the remaining contestants I think he has the best bet of coming up with a show that people will watch. I think Lisa is to full of herself and would put off most people watching her show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3135012;
    Lisa has the best culinary skills of all of them, but she's lacking in ratings-grabbing personality. Aaron has mad cooking skills, but I question his ingredient mastery, and he's inconsistent in front of the camera -- though when he's "on," he's really fun and pleasant to watch. Adam's food is way too simple, but he has a consistently attractive TV personality. I'm not impressed with any of them. TIIC effed up big time in getting rid of Kevin; after having seen him several times on KUSI (local San Diego station) news during the "Food Dude" segments, I'm convinced he could have had [at least close to] a Guy Fieri-esque FN career.

I liked Kevin a lot too. I think they made a mistake in letting him go too early before seeing his potential.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3134893;
    Looks like it's down to Lisa or Aaron, or is anyone out there rooting for Adam?
    I still LOVE Adam, i think he is the best best for FN to be able to shape someone in to what they need and will get the market watching. He is young, but not too young. Hes good looking, hes funny, and he has a good base of skills to build on in cooking.. but above all hes the best person when the cameras are on.

I like Aaron, he is a nice guy, im sure.. but i can't stand to listen to him talk. He reminds me of mushmouth. Its never clear, i have to strain a bit to really understand him. I also love lisa, but think she is hard pressed to pull it out when the camera is on. She has the skills, and even the pseronality when it comes down to it.. but she is not good on camera.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

I have no problem understanding Aaron at all. He seems like he gets nervous, but I think he would get past that.

I sometimes have a hard time understanding Aaron as well. Lisa's frenetic energy bothers me a bit and I don't think I'd watch her show if she won. So I guess that leaves Adam for me to root for. I think he's funny and interesting but I doubt that he'll win as the other two have a lot more cooking skills than he does.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3135396;
    I have no problem understanding Aaron at all. He seems like he gets nervous, but I think he would get past that.
    Well i guess you are far more in tune to him then I am. I can't get passed the fact he does not articulate his words very well.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3135552;
    . . . I can't get passed the fact he does not articulate his words very well.
    It bugs the heck out of me, too -- even though I like Aaron. You'd think that good articulation would be de rigeur -- and that one's articulation would be addressed during the critiques.
    (Then again, as a language instructor, I cringe every time Paula Deen absolutely butchers French and Italian, as well as English at times -- and she's pretty secure on FN. So my guess is that TIIC don't really care.)
    Last edited by Ellen; 07-18-2008 at 12:01 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread