+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3132557;
    Not likely, she's only 32. I am impressed with her food knowledge, as are the judges, and her ability to put that together with the ingredients. I've actually tried a couple of her recipes, and they are really, really good. Go Lisa!

My cousins are under 30 and both get botox so being 32 doesn't matter. She does have a look of surprise most of the time. I'm sure she is nice but I don't find her very personable IMO.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Newbie

I thought Kelsey should have been eliminated instead of Shane. Her hair was long, hanging down in the front of her face and that turned me off. I don/t want people's hair in my food. I love the Food Channel but don't think they need another female hosting a show. Both Adam and Aaron would be terrrific and both are fun. I love Bobby and Paula. Throwdown is one of my favorite shows and Paula's Party.

Quote Originally Posted by JayePeso;3131488;
    Yes, they drive me crazy, im like did she get too much botox or does she wear glasses? i dont know but it annoys me, LOL
    Nope. It's what happens when you get too much tan without taking your sunglasses off. Kind of a localized palefacitis.

It's even more common in people who frequent tanning salons.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3131612;
    I have no problem with his use of it, as long as it worked.
    Let's face it, he got lucky.

I dont see this as a whim addition in Aarons case. I also think given it was Bobby Flay, and this is something that is in his style of cooking as a mainstay, he was being a little more critical.
    It had to have been a whim, otherwise he'd at least be able to answer what a chipotle pepper actually was. Serving it to Bobby Flay was gutsy, but also foolish and reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3132683;
    It had to have been a whim, otherwise he'd at least be able to answer what a chipotle pepper actually was. Serving it to Bobby Flay was gutsy, but also foolish and reckless.
    I got the impression that he did know how to use it and often did, but didn't know it's origins. Adam probably only knew because he is primarily a BBQ chef.

I have a lot of respect for creative cooks. It's a gift and I'm sorry to say that I don't have it. I tried throwing a bunch of stuff together last night that I thought would taste good together and it was a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3132608;
    My cousins are under 30 and both get botox so being 32 doesn't matter. She does have a look of surprise most of the time. I'm sure she is nice but I don't find her very personable IMO.
    A little off topic here, but under 30 and Botoxed!? Egad! I'm 61, and the thought of putting botulin in my body is creepy!

As for Lisa's personality; I find her to be rather interesting.
    Susan

Hubby and I went to Red Lobster the other night for dinner and Kelsey's tilapia dish was on the menu. Neither of us ordered it, but I did ask the waitress if it was a popular dish.

She said that a lot of people did order it. So I asked her what their reaction to it was. She said that it was really kind of strange. The people who ordered it either really LOVED it or really HATED it; there really was no middle ground. The waitress also ate it and thought it was very good.

FORT Fogey

Bobby Flay is scheduled to be a guest on The View tomorrow. Hopefully he will talk about NFNS during his appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3133278;
    Hubby and I went to Red Lobster the other night for dinner and Kelsey's tilapia dish was on the menu. Neither of us ordered it, but I did ask the waitress if it was a popular dish.

She said that a lot of people did order it. So I asked her what their reaction to it was. She said that it was really kind of strange. The people who ordered it either really LOVED it or really HATED it; there really was no middle ground. The waitress also ate it and thought it was very good.
    Well, that's kind of how one felt about Kelsey. Either loved her or hated her. Personally, I was of the latter persuasion.
    Susan

Actually I was kind of on the fence with Kelsey. At times it seemed that she was able to tone down the perkiness and I thought at one point she actually had a chance of winning. Yet at other times, I found her just insufferable.

Unfortunately, there's not been one person this season I've backed wholeheartedly.

+ Reply to Thread