+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Quote Originally Posted by CAdreamin;3130196;
    I think it was Kelsey's turn to go and she handled leaving with a lot of class. I really have no clue who will win this.

Paula was adorable as always! What I wouldn't give to have dinner with her and Bobby Flay!
    I still have no love for Bobby, and I most likely never will. However Paula won me over a bit to night with her personality.. I am still not a fan of her foods but she was great with Lisa at dinner.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3130017;
    Has anyone ever had mac n cheese with lobster before? When Adam pulled that one out of his hat, I had to laugh...
    i thought it was hilarious when paula dean told him she's had lobster mac in restaurants and she not only didn't like it, but she HATED it. but she LOVED his.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3130087;
    Aaron's 18 minute chicken looked like it turned out pretty well despite him forgetting to do it until Lisa reminded him. That was actually one of my favorite parts of the show - Lisa being a human being and reminding Aaron to do his chicken. That made me like Lisa more than I had before.
    my daughter and i were watching and we both called foul there ... lisa should have stayed out of it! don't get me wrong, i'm rooting for aaron now, but shouldn't lisa have stayed back and just watched without intervening/interfering?

i do love me some paula dean ... with all of the other people on the network with their panties in a bunch worried about making sure things are low fat or healthy in other areas, paula doesn't care and LOADS her stuff with taste bud gold. and she considers butter to be a main food group! she cracks me up!

as for bobby, i've never been a big fan of his ... i can take him or leave him. i usually leave him.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3130401;

as for bobby, i've never been a big fan of his ... i can take him or leave him. i usually leave him.

I like BF during his throwdowns and during the IC competitions. He seems really likeable then. But during shows like this I can't stand him.

Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3130297;
    Funny thing; where I grew up, lobster is considered peasant food... I get a kick every time someone uses it for "upscale" purposes.
    I know -- during English colonial times on the east coast, lobster was prison food. I've heard them described as big old sea cockroaches. (yum-o)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3130633;
    I know -- during English colonial times on the east coast, lobster was prison food. I've heard them described as big old sea cockroaches. (yum-o)
    Closer to sea spiders.

FORT Regular

What is wrong with Lisa's eyes?

LG.

I know that Lisa reminding Aaron to cook the chicken may come back to bite her in the end, but most chefs would want to win based on their cuisine and the fact that it was superior, rather than winning because someone else screwed up. They've said on other seasons of this show that the folks at Food Network want a winner that they (as other employees of Food Network) would want to work with, a team player and a decent person. That would be someone who helps out another chef, rather than someone who says "oh well, I saw you were screwing up and didn't say anything because that's better for me in this contest."
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3131034;
    I know that Lisa reminding Aaron to cook the chicken may come back to bite her in the end, but most chefs would want to win based on their cuisine and the fact that it was superior, rather than winning because someone else screwed up. They've said on other seasons of this show that the folks at Food Network want a winner that they (as other employees of Food Network) would want to work with, a team player and a decent person. That would be someone who helps out another chef, rather than someone who says "oh well, I saw you were screwing up and didn't say anything because that's better for me in this contest."
    I think that is why i DO like this show so much. They have a respect for one another and dont have to backstab. Lisa just went up a bit more in my book! She realy did care about Aaron and didn't want to see him go out like that.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

LG.

I agree, FireWoman, they are competiting with their professional skills, not just "gameplay" and other silly things that dominate other shows. I think the same is true with Top Chef and some other "top of your profession" shows that contestants often appear to genuinely like and respect each other and want to win based on merit. One professional pointing out to another professional that they've forgotten something with time for that person to correct it and do a competent job isn't "wrong" to me. It is what I would hope to expect from another professional, a potential future co-worker, someone that this network would expect audiences to like.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

When Kelsey asked Lisa about her opinion during prep time for some challenge, she pretty much blew her off, but I think that was different. Advising someone on a cooking technique, when you are competing with them would be foolish and Kelsey shouldn't have put her in that position. With Aaron, Lisa didn't say a word and just shook her head which was enough to jar his memory of the task at hand. Maybe both of them being parents has been a bonding factor for them and they have become good friends. To me this action was an indicator that she is a nice, warm person when not in competition mode.

I can't believe that Aaron was able to whip up that great chicken dish in less than 20 min. I'm all for big portions and great flavors. I disagree with BF about not using an ingredient if you don't know its molecular structure.

I'm disappointed that Lisa didn't come up with Bobby Flay's macaroni and cheese dish from his ThrowDown. That would have been funny. I understand that she didn't want to take time away from her dish, but she knows enough about food (I would think) to come up with a decent mac 'n cheese that the judges would absolutely hate. For BF to say her dish was the best he ever had must have taken some of the sting out of Paula's comments about the other dish.

I couldn't believe how rude Adam was to the interviewer. He needs to go. He should have waited until he had gotten back in the kitchen before applying for this show.

+ Reply to Thread