+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 228 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2274
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

FORT Regular

Re: The Next Food Network Star

I was disappointed too that they sent Kelsey home. Although I can see why I guess from this last challenge. Aaron forgot to make her dish with only 20 min left, and they still liked his version better than hers. And her bringing up culinary school yet again didn't help her any either. But because I liked her, I was willing to overlook those mistakes, but the judges weren't. She's young, she'll have plenty of time for the experiences she needs, and I like her philosophy. I expect Kelsey will be back someday somewhere on TV with a vengeance. I think she has the skills, the personality and the looks to make it on TV eventually.

FORT Regular

Now I'm rooting for Aaron, and I think he just might have the personality to pull it off. I LOVED watching him on RR, and thought he did a MAGNIFICENT job with that little girl. And the fact that he's from my neck of the woods doesn't hurt him any either.

I don't really care for Lisa. She seems like a snooty bitch to me. And although Adam doesn't irritate me in any way, he just doesn't affect me one way or another. He and Lisa's dishes and how they did each other's dishes, seemed to cancel each other out though. Adam's cassolate (sp) looked like vomit to me, but I've never had it, so I wouldn't know how it's supposed to look. Lisa's looked like a thick bean soup.

Premium Member

I thought I could almost hear Kelsey breathe a sigh of relief when she was sent home last night. She was extremely gracious in her exit, and I think she understands that she needs to get out into the world a bit more.

Has anyone ever had mac n cheese with lobster before?

When Adam pulled that one out of his hat, I had to laugh. On a recent Food Network Challenge, all about mac n cheese, one of the contestants did add the lobster to his mac n cheese. IIRC, he won the competition.

Two of my favorite foods, mac n cheese and lobster. Somehow I never thought to actually pair them up. Just wondering what I may have been missing all these years!

I think Lisa is the best qualified cook left on the show. But I don't know if I would be able to watch her show. I like Adam and Aaron's personalities much better on and off the air. But I don't know if either of them has what it takes to carry a show.

I've had lobster mac... good, but not my favorite. I prefer my lobstah with butter, not cheese.

LG.

I thought that lobster mac and cheese looked absolutely divine. I could go for some right now.

mac and cheese with goat cheese - not so much.

Aaron's 18 minute chicken looked like it turned out pretty well despite him forgetting to do it until Lisa reminded him. That was actually one of my favorite parts of the show - Lisa being a human being and reminding Aaron to do his chicken. That made me like Lisa more than I had before.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3130087;
    Aaron's 18 minute chicken looked like it turned out pretty well despite him forgetting to do it until Lisa reminded him. That was actually one of my favorite parts of the show - Lisa being a human being and reminding Aaron to do his chicken. That made me like Lisa more than I had before.
    We have been rooting for Lisa ever since her "growing up on grandma's sustainable farm in Iowa" comment. I hope her helping Aaron does not cause him to be chosen over her, since he obviously would not be in the final three if she had not reminded him to do the challenge dish.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3130017;
    Has anyone ever had mac n cheese with lobster before?
    Yes -- it's a popular dish at one of the bayside restaurants here which specializes in upscale versions of comfort food. It's outrageously rich, but very tasty.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I think it was Kelsey's turn to go and she handled leaving with a lot of class. I really have no clue who will win this.

Paula was adorable as always! What I wouldn't give to have dinner with her and Bobby Flay!

Funny thing; where I grew up, lobster is considered peasant food... I get a kick every time someone uses it for "upscale" purposes.

+ Reply to Thread