+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 228 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

To me, Dan and Steve are boring and I like Hans. I hope he wins. I don't thinks he's great or anything, but he's the best of what they're giving us to choose from. Hans is very knowledgeable and has a unique perspective on food. He is a little stiff sometimes in front of the camera, but I think that can be corrected with practice. As we've seen, Mario, Emeril, etc. were all pretty bad when they started out. Susannah and Deborah both seem fake to me. It's like they've created these personas that they play out on camera and then they go back to being whoever they really are. I do think Susannah is very good in front of the camera, but I don't find her very compelling. Deborah is kind of a mess. She's well-spoken and inarticulate at the same time.

ETA: Spelling correction and
    Last edited by Chach; 06-20-2005 at 01:53 PM.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Deborah - I'm not liking her.. she's really fake to me, and it comes across as fake. No hiding that fakiness. She did a lot better on last night's episode, but, really.. she doesn't 'do it for me'.

Susannah - Ugh! Enough with the cut finger off crap! Two hours of her speculating that the finger might be the reason for her demise. Pretty shocking with all the weight she lost..but I really wouldn't be interested in watching a slimyslimslimskinny show. But, there's just something about her that I'm not liking. Oh, and yes..she's a dead ringer for Rachel Ray, which doesn't help her cuz I just can't stand Rachel.

Steve/Dan - They do have a cute dynamic..but I don't think I'd want to watch them too long. They'd get a tad 'too cute' with each other. Meaning, trying to be cute with every single thing they're doing. That would bug after a while..but, they do have a good shot at winning.

Hans - I think with all of his knowledge, and straight-forward approach to his dishes, etc.. is really 'mold-ble' for a Food Network position. He doesn't smile that much, and hopefully he can change that..but, I think he's the best one left. With the bf's a close 2nd.

Eric was annoying as all get-out TO ME. Trying to get people excited about stuff with his church revival hollering was grating. I was glad to see him go.
    Michael was WAY annoying to me. His overly excited, "food talking" demo(s) was sickening!! "I'm chocolate, everyyyyybodddyyyyy loves mee".. He did that every time too. Was super happy to see him go. Not to mention..his hair! Ugh, with such crazy, long hair like that..I was really hoping that he'd have to wear a net. "Happy trees!!!"
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by syd18
    I would watch Hans/Steve. I hope they win!
    Um, I wonder what Dan would have to say about that.

[QUOTE=Dogbat]

Susannah's focus is not new but they only have two diet type programs now, which are not great, and could make room for another if the public desires.

QUOTE]

There is Calorie Commando, Low Carb Cooking, Weighing Off, and the one with the blonde female chef who lost 80 lbs. All in all 4 low cal cooking shows.

FORT Fogey
    Ahhhhhhh, I did not know that. sheeeeeesh 4 is enough. They chose her, however, so they must see room for another.

Why is Eric still there, all the judges inidcate that they are looking for improvement, personality, food knowledge, the ability to communicate that knowledge, a point of view etc.. The judges like Eric, but they complain that all he has is personality, so again why is he still there????

Oh, I agree with alot of the posters who say that Deborah comes across as plastic, it must be all that acting background.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Why is Eric still there, all the judges inidcate that they are looking for improvement, personality, food knowledge, the ability to communicate that knowledge, a point of view etc.. The judges like Eric, but they complain that all he has is personality, so again why is he still there????

Oh, I agree with alot of the posters who say that Deborah comes across as plastic, it must be all that acting background.
    Eric's not still there...he was the second one to leave on this past Sunday's episode. (first Michael, then Eric.)
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I haven't seen the last episode, but I will say that as of now my fav is definately Hans, He's a cutie and quite knowledgable, I told beleive him as a cook. Then it would be the duo because they're fun and have good chemistry w/each other, even if they haven't figured out how to make it smoother.

Don't like the Rachel Ray clone, one of her (on what, three shows?) is way more than enough - unless they want to lighten Rachel's load a bit, that's why they're keeping the doppelganger.

Don't remember the other chick, so can't say - remember the 'cute in the kitchen' bit, but doesn't grab hold.

Go HANS!

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Michael was WAY annoying to me. His overly excited, "food talking" demo(s) was sickening!! "I'm chocolate, everyyyyybodddyyyyy loves mee".. He did that every time too. Was super happy to see him go. Not to mention..his hair! Ugh, with such crazy, long hair like that..I was really hoping that he'd have to wear a net. "Happy trees!!!"
    He's like a Leo Sayer/Good Morning Starshine/Godspell hippie boy. I'm sure he likes to go barefoot, howl at the moon, and do over-the-top crazy things with dates, like spend a whole evening pretending to be a British lord.
    I'm sure he's very nice, but ewwwwww.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    Eric's not still there...he was the second one to leave on this past Sunday's episode. (first Michael, then Eric.)
    Thanks I didn't catch all of the episode. Good call. When's Deborah leaving???

+ Reply to Thread