+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Beverages

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Beverages

Lately, I'm getting tired of drinking water all the time and I'm trying not to drink soft drinks too often. I'll drink cappuccino during the day, either hot or iced, but even that's getting old. I don't drink tea, beer and wine and can't drink alcohol at work anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions for other drinks to try?

I think I'll look around the store the next time I go grocery shopping to see what's available. I've heard of horchata but never tried it so I might consider that.
    Current Pools: Big Brother 18
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys

https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Re: Beverages

Hi Pikachu! Even though I very sad to hear you don't like beer.... My non-water love is seltzer. I'm so addicted to it that I buy 3 cases at a time. You can get flavored seltzer - although I like it straight! In a can with a straw.
    Maveno likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I've tried a couple of types of beer but the taste in general just doesn't appeal to me. The same with wine. I've had some wines I can tolerate the taste of but I don't love them and wouldn't go out of my way to buy them if something else was available. I don't even like champagne.

I just need something different. I've always liked variety and trying new things so it's time to change things up again! I'll definitely take a look at seltzer. Is there a particular brand or flavor you especially like?

I love drinking from a straw. I don't do so for juice or milk but for soft drinks or any drink with ice, I always have to have a straw.

I tried tomato juice and prune juice long, long ago and didn't like them then but maybe since I'm an adult now I might like them better. I might try tea again, too, to see if I like it better from the last time I had it.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys

I don't like hard cocktails and white wine.... each to their own tastes I say!

I love a straw! I can't drink out of a can and a straw is perfect. Bendy? The better! What I like about seltzer with a straw is that I tend to not just drink more...it's super mobile - nothing will break. So I can bring it all over my apartment.

If I want to have more 'taste' I adore lemonade.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I saw these advertised on tv. I've been trying to find them in a store, but with no success.
    DASANI® - DASANI Flavors

I stopped drinking soft drinks for over a year, but returned to have them occasionally. When I do indulge, I like something on the different side, like a Diet Cream Soda, Diet Cherry Cola, Diet Ginger Ale, or Diet Orange Crush. They hit the spot for times I want something different. I just try to not make a habit of it. If I wasn't diabetic and watching my calories, I would get the regular and not diet version, since I don't like the artificial sweetening.

I would like to recommend a VERY good red wine for you to try. If you don't like it, that's fine, but it's so good, especially with a nice mushroom or beef dish, though I enjoyed mine with a crab meat/pasta dish. It was actually the most enjoyable meal I have had in years! I'll have to post the name of the wine later. I wrote it down, but have to retrieve it. It was months ago. I only had it once, but it was so delicious. It changed my mind about red wines, as I normally prefer white. I only drink occasionally, so it has to be special.

If you don't like beer, you pretty much don't like beer. I think it's something you like or you don't. lol I have to be in the mood and thirsty. Then, I love a very cold Sam Adams Lager.

I went to the store tonight and got some seltzer water (one plain, one wild cherry) and fruit juice I found in the international section (mango, lulo and mora). The lulo looks like passionfruit and the mora is a type of blackberry. I also got a variety pack of fruit teas to take to work. They had flavored iced tea on sale but I decided to pass on it since I bought so many other things. The same with the rice and soy milk products. I'll have to try them some other time!

Grapefruit juice! I love nice tart grapefruit juice. I have never gotten into the habit of drinking sodas, and don't drink them at all. I like just about all fruit juices, though. But your best bet is pure, clean water. I drink it all throughout the day.
    “It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.” — Joseph Heller, Catch-22

If you're watching your sugar, make sure to check the label Pikachu, especially on those juices and flavored teas. Some of them have nearly as much sugar as soda.

I only drink water or tea now. I don't love Equal, but that's what I sweeten my iced tea with anyway. One packet per big tumbler of tea. After cutting my sugar, I've gotten to the point that I can't stand sweet drinks. It takes a while to detox off sugar, but once you do, everything tastes better and the really sugary foods taste awful.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I love grapefruit juice, but I'm not supposed to drink it due to a medication I take. Also, I think it's pretty acidic and since I take aspirin therapy, I try to be as easy on my tummy as possible. Water is the best, but I tire of it. My taste buds like a surprise occasionally.

I also like Cranberry Light and Cranberry Grape Light. They are slightly tart, but aren't high in carbs and calories.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    If you're watching your sugar, make sure to check the label Pikachu, especially on those juices and flavored teas. Some of them have nearly as much sugar as soda.

I only drink water or tea now. I don't love Equal, but that's what I sweeten my iced tea with anyway. One packet per big tumbler of tea. After cutting my sugar, I've gotten to the point that I can't stand sweet drinks. It takes a while to detox off sugar, but once you do, everything tastes better and the really sugary foods taste awful.
    Yeah, I don't want too much sugar but then I don't want drinks with artificial sweeteners, either. Just plain fruit juices with no sugar added would be ideal, or other types of beverages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast