+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Beverages

Re: Beverages

My go to non-water drink is Diet Cranberry juice. They changed the formula last year and I swear they added pomegranate juice to it. There already is a Diet Cran-Pomagranate juice, so I don't know why they had to darken a flavor that was so light, crisp and tart.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

If you're watching your weight, DON'T DRINK YOUR CALORIES! I'm going to recommend infusing water (or seltzer) with your own fruit. If you use frozen fruit, it "bleeds" more and chills your drink at the same time. My chef daughter turned me on to cucumber water. I didn't think it sounded all that fantastic until I tried it. Very refreshing! I also like lemon or lime in my water. I live alone so sometimes I have fruit or cucumbers that start to go bad before I can eat it, so I cut out the bad/discolored parts and cut up the rest for infused water. You don't need a special infuser. Just put it in a pitcher or water bottle. I make a lot of my own ice tea right in the fridge. If you don't like the taste of black/green tea, use something like red zinger or one of it's fruity cousins.
    waywyrd, Critical and Photobabe like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    If you're watching your weight, DON'T DRINK YOUR CALORIES!
    Not just weight, don't do it if you care about your health, if those calories are sugar.

My chef daughter turned me on to cucumber water.
    I've always liked your daughter. ;^) I expect to be buried in home cucumbers within a couple weeks. This could be a good solution.
    Punkin, Ellen and Critical like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

My husband starting bringing this Sparkling Ice water home. It's flavored with no calories or bad stuff in it. Most of them are very good and refreshing. Here's a link

Sparkling ICE
    TripleGemini and Photobabe like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Jax

I like La Croix sparkling water. I prefer the plain but it does come in flavors too. Flavored sparkling water upsets my stomach for some reason I have never figured out. It also just sort of tastes like an afterthought, so I really prefer just plain. Depending on where you live La Croix can be hard to find.
    "The poster formerly known as jaytwo" - per pikachu
    FORT 2015 Yearbook Title:
    Jax Of All Trades With The Cutest Avatar Ever

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    My husband starting bringing this Sparkling Ice water home. It's flavored with no calories or bad stuff in it. Most of them are very good and refreshing. Here's a link

Sparkling ICE
    Not free of bad stuff, such as "natural flavors" (look it up), K-benzoate, and sucralose:

"Carbonated Water, Natural Flavors, Blackberry Juice Concentrate, Malic Acid, Potassium Benzoate (To Ensure Freshness), Sucralose, Green Tea Extract, Red #40, Biotin 1% Trit. (Maltodextrin), Niacinamide (B3), D-Calcium Pantothenate (B5), Vitamin B12 0.1% (Mannitol), Vitamin D3, Pyridoxine HCI (B6)"

Then again, it's better than stuff like Coke, Mountain Dew, and Gatorade. So if you like it, go for it!
    Last edited by Ellen; 07-10-2015 at 02:03 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I like La Croix sparkling water. I prefer the plain but it does come in flavors too. Flavored sparkling water upsets my stomach for some reason I have never figured out. It also just sort of tastes like an afterthought, so I really prefer just plain. Depending on where you live La Croix can be hard to find.
    That's likely because the flavoring chemicals are icky.
    Punkin and Jax like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Not free of bad stuff, such as "natural flavors" (look it up), K-benzoate, and sucralose:

"Carbonated Water, Natural Flavors, Blackberry Juice Concentrate, Malic Acid, Potassium Benzoate (To Ensure Freshness), Sucralose, Green Tea Extract, Red #40, Biotin 1% Trit. (Maltodextrin), Niacinamide (B3), D-Calcium Pantothenate (B5), Vitamin B12 0.1% (Mannitol), Vitamin D3, Pyridoxine HCI (B6)"

Then again, it's better than stuff like Coke, Mountain Dew, and Gatorade. So if you like it, go for it!
    Well, I didn't mean all the bad stuff, but a lot less than what the others have. It is good too. I don't drink too many of them. Maybe a half a bottle a day if that
    Ellen likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Coconut water! The brand I get is Badia. The ingredients listed are: coconut water, young coconut pulp, sodium metabisulphite.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was wanting to be bad and have a snack at work, even though I already had a snack earlier, so I decided to have one of my fruit teas instead. Immediately upon opening the box, I could smell the blueberry one and it really appealed to me so I tried it. Although I would like it to taste sweeter, I'm glad that it's not too sugary. I can taste the berry more clearly so it doesn't just taste like sugary water.

I was wondering if I should have it hot or iced and this time I tried it hot but next time, I think I'll try having it iced. I can bring a cup of ice from home either in the morning or at lunchtime and pour the tea over it after brewing it in hot water.

I was expecting there to be one packet of each flavor in the box but was pleasantly surprised to find that there's more than one. There are 5 flavors in the variety box with a total of 18 packets. If I decide I prefer a particular flavor, I can always get a whole box of it at the store.
    Punkin likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast