+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Places to shop

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Places to shop

Whether by name or by type of store, which places are your favorite to shop at or browse around?

I hate clothes shopping with a passion so my favorite stores are non-clothing. I love music stores. I used to hang around music stores for hours while in high school, looking for hard-to-find albums and digging through the clearance bins.

I went to Staples today with a friend who needed to have copies made. I love going to office supply stores! They have all kinds of need labels and paper, big packs of markers, lots of fun stuff to complete projects.

Bookstores are another favorite of mine. I already own a ton of books but I can never get too much of a good thing. I read a lot of biographies, true crime, and books on particular subjects, like multiple personality disorder, the holocaust, and the atomic bomb.

I love Bed, Bath and Beyond. The only problem with them is there's too much I'd like to buy. When I'm looking at the kitchen gadgets, I want to buy everything they have and totally replace everything in my kitchen.

Pet stores are fun to visit. One of our pet stores in the mall used to have animals out where you could hold them. They had bunnies, ferrets, kitties, guinea pigs, plus a glassed-in area where you could get a better look at a dog you wanted to buy and romp around with it a bit. Unfortunately, they went out of business years ago.

I also love the grocery store. Even when I only have a few items to get, I'll often go up and down every aisle to see what new products are available or to see if some of my favorite items are on sale.
    Current Pools: Big Brother 17, Masterchef 6, So You Think You Can Dance 12
    Upcoming Pools: America's Got Talent 10, Face Off 9, Project Runway 14
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2015: The FORT's Amazing Spreadsheet Wizard & Avatar Artist

Jax

Re: Places to shop

My favorite stores are hardware stores or any home improvement type stores. I can spend hours looking at new faucets and sinks, tile and other flooring, lights, cabinets, paint swatches or any kind of power tool.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Yeah, hardware stores are sexy! I wish I had the money and energy to do my own home improvement projects. I used to love watching the furniture-making shows and wished I could make my own bookcases or litter box furniture. I'd love to have $50,000 or so to get every room in my condo redone and pick out the tile for the kitchens, bathrooms, cabinets, floors, paint colors for the walls, everything!

Wouldn't it be awesome to be on a show like Property Brothers and have them find a house for you to customize to your own specifications? I'd never want to leave the house again! I'd tell work I'd be working from home from now on and invite people over all the time.
    Current Pools: Big Brother 17, Masterchef 6, So You Think You Can Dance 12
    Upcoming Pools: America's Got Talent 10, Face Off 9, Project Runway 14
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2015: The FORT's Amazing Spreadsheet Wizard & Avatar Artist

Jax

I wouldn't like the part about being on camera but yes I would love to have my house remodeled or have them find me a new one!

We have already remodeled one hosue and sold it and are close to done with this one. But I can't do the really hard stuff anymore. I have one bathroom left to tile the shower, I love doing tile work. I am hoping to do that this summer or it just might not ever get done!!
    waywyrd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytwo View Post
    My favorite stores are hardware stores or any home improvement type stores. I can spend hours looking at new faucets and sinks, tile and other flooring, lights, cabinets, paint swatches or any kind of power tool.
    I spend many, many hours lurking around Lowe's. I'm in the middle of renovating both my own house and a rental so those people know me quite well. Once it warms up, I love browsing nurseries for new plants and flowers.

I also enjoy poking around in Michaels for craft stuff and baking supplies. I must have 20 kinds of cupcake liners.

Online shopping, it's almost always Amazon.
    Jax likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Jax

Oh yeah, plants and flower shopping in the spring are VERY good too!!!
    beerbelly likes this.

Garden centers, but not so much the big box store ones. I've never stopped grieving that Lexington Gardens near me (the basis of the old Victory Garden shows) sold out to a developer several years ago. I don't begrudge the owner, he was ready to retire, but it was so wonderful to go in there even in the dead of winter and contemplate what warmer weather would be like.

I also really enjoy browsing the fishing lure section of stores like Bass Pro.

I love to shop at Target, they have really nice products I was able to find some really nice clothes for my boss new born baby boy, I love their kitchen and bathroom products and the electronics department. Target has a really nice gift registry too possibly a little more expensive than Walmart but I just find that Walmart tends to be a lot more crowded which can be really frustrating especially hard to find parking and I think the quality of products at Target are better overall.

As far as shopping online goes I shop at Amazon for the most part as well as the Under armor sports store. My bosses wife works at the headquarters downtown so we get 50 % off on all purchases
    “Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”- Albert Camus

I love OUTLET shopping!!!!

There are are 3 that I frequent.

One in LA called Citadel Outlets.

One in Orange (OC), CA called The Block at Orange.

One in Carlsbad (SD), CA called Carlsbad Premium Outlets.

My son and his wife just spent a weekend in Palm Springs. They loved the Desert Hills Premium Outlets.
    Miss Scarlet and MReid like this.
    KAREN

I hate to shop for clothing and my friend who is a guy was showing up in wonderful clothes. He subscribed to trunk club where he gets clothes from a personal shopper.

So I wanted that too....because I've been the same size since 8th grade and I get a lot of hand-me downs and even though I worked for Prada for 7 years, I'd rather be comfortable than fashionable.

So I signed up for Stitch Fix....a personal shopper send you items based on a short survey and your social media. This is now my new obsession! They have sent me dresses that are perfect - not only in style but in fit and my mind blowing favorite - jeans! That fit! When jean shopping I have to try on so many jeans I want to curl up in a ball. But they have sent me perfect jeans! And they were cheaper than the outlet store I bought jeans from!

So...check it out https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4319390 it's my referral code.
    Kip, pikachu, Cornholio and 1 others like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast