+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Spiralizer

Re: Spiralizer

This recipe looks really good! One Pot Basque Chicken with Red Potato Noodles | Inspiralized
    I thought I had pimento olives, but I can't seem to find them. I really want to make this recipe.

Another friend of mine bought a spiralizer AND she bought one for her sister. I bought one for my parents for Christmas and then gave my old one to a cousin. The spiralizer army is growing!
    Gutmutter and TripleGemini like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

A few days ago I forgot to clean my machine off right after using it and had to scrub the dried on veggies. I managed to slice a deep cut into my finger on the blade. So I've been a little gun-shy and haven't been using it. But I came home to a cold house this afternoon and decided to use the oven to boost the heat while the furnace kicked in... sweet potato spiralized with curry and honey. It smells so good. I can't wait!
    Critical likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I drew first blood about a week ago while too absentmindedly removing one of the blades. I'm just about healed up. ;^)

OUCH! I'm so sorry you guys got hurt. Those blades are sharp, aren't they? I hope you're both healing up well. It really is a miracle I haven't cut myself too. I'm so accident prone.

Even if I wait to clean the machine itself, I try to remember to at least toss the blade into a pan with water so it's easier to clean. I'm not super tidy or anything. I really just do that because I'm so sure I'm going to cut myself on the blades. I'll do anything to reduce that risk.

The sweet potatoes sound wonderful, Gut!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I'm almost healed, but learned my lesson. I wash it immediately with a brush so my fingers never go near the blades. Spiralized and cooked 3 zucchinis in my fridge so they wouldn't go bad. Not sure what to do with them, but they did cook down quite a bit, so it wasn't the mound I started with. I may just have them cold for lunch with a little dressing like a salad.
    Count your blessings!

Wrapped up my first spiralizer, for Hannukah. I made a word processing document out of the Huffington article, using most of the pictures. And I printed out the chart on spiralizer.com about how long to cook each of the ingredients depending on what you're using it for. Made a copy for myself too! I didn't appreciate how much was on that website until I started poking around yesterday. Like which veggies you can spiralize and then either refrigerate or freeze to use later.

Last night I did a stir fry with spiralized sweet potato (I'm finally fitting it into my diet on a regular basis!), and chopped baby bok choi, yellow sweet pepper, small broccoli florets, shrimp, and...wait for it, wait for it...strawberries! Which go great with the lemon juice I added. Weekends I have been using the spiralizer to make pizza toppings, which start out with a Joseph's flatbread. I have also done some small casseroles in the toaster oven.
    Critical likes this.

My oldest son asked me for gift ideas for everyone last week, so I suggested that he could get me a spiralizer! Now I *really* can't wait for Christmas!!
    Critical likes this.

I have two weeks off starting Friday afternoon, so I want to go back to the blog and get some actual recipes. I tend to just wing it and keep it simple with whatever I have on hand.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    This recipe looks really good! One Pot Basque Chicken with Red Potato Noodles | Inspiralized
    I thought I had pimento olives, but I can't seem to find them. I really want to make this recipe.
    We had this the other night for dinner. Because neither of my parents can eat spicy food, I left out the red pepper flakes. It was very good, but I think it would have been better with a little heat. Next time!

I used the spiralizer this morning to make my son hash browns. He loved it! I had made bacon and poured out most of the fat, but after I cooked the potatoes in the oven for a while, I finished them in the coating of bacon fat in the skillet. He wolfed them down!
    Brooks, Critical and TripleGemini like this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread