+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Spiralizer

Re: Spiralizer

I'm glad I went ahead and spiralized up the butternut. This morning I roasted up a couple of sausages and heated some of the "noodles" in the side of the pan. Half for breakfast, half for lunch with the yogurt and pomegranates. So easy! In a little while I'll turn a couple of zucchinis into noodles and cook them with some of the mushrooms and whatever else looks good. Maybe I'll make a spiralized Waldorf salad for lunch tomorrow.
    Count your blessings!

I really want to get one of these. There seem to be 3-blade and 4-blade versions. What kind of cut does the 4th blade do? Is it worth having?
    Ellen likes this.

No idea... I have 3 blades. Have you looked on Amazon? The reviews there are usually insightful.
    http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-...ade+spiralizer
    The 4th blade is angel hair - very fine.
    I had the last of the butternut noodles with 2 eggs over easy for breakfast this morning. It was good. The butternut noodles are pretty sweet. I'm going to go back to zucchini noodles and try them with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I really want to get one of these. There seem to be 3-blade and 4-blade versions. What kind of cut does the 4th blade do? Is it worth having?
    If you look upthread, there's a little discussion about 3-blade vs. 4-blade models
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks, I'll go back and track down that prt of the discussion!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a few posts up, so you won't have to hunt too hard!

For anyone who's interested, this is the review of the 4-blade model on inspiralized.com:
    The New Paderno 4-Blade Spiral Slicer (Spiralizer) Review & Giveaway | Inspiralized

I have several friends who are giving spiralizers as gifts. One friend bought FIVE of them! My love of this gadget and evangelizing about it is creating a little spiralizer army!

I slacked off on using mine this past week. I had company in from out of town and was SO busy with work, so we ate out a lot. I'll be back to spiralizing probably tonight!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Thanks for posting that review Critical. It definitely sounds like the 4-blade is not worth the additional $15 they are asking. After seeing photos of the angel hair cut, I don't think I would use it much anyway! I'm looking forward to ordering one!!

I didn't see the angel hair blade being a big advantage unless you were making noodles to eat raw. I would think that cooking them even a little would make noodles that thin fall apart, at least with the zucchini. The other drawbacks that she mentioned (taller, smaller footprint = less stable) also were a problem for me, especially the height; my cabinets aren't very tall and mine barely fits as it is.

I'm happy with the 3-blade.

I broke down and used my new Paderno spiralizer - the one my parents bought me for Christmas. We'd already talked about just wrapping the box so I wouldn't have to pack it and haul it back and forth for Christmas.

What a difference! I used it on a sweet potato and it cut like a breeze. Such a HUGE difference from the Bitoni one I bought first. Sadly, that one has a lifetime guarantee, so even if it breaks, they just keep replacing things. NO money back guarantee. I may pass it on to someone so they can see if they want to buy a good one.

I think I'm going to buy one for my parents for Christmas.
    Gutmutter likes this.

I just made a meal with half buckwheat noodles and half zucchini noodles with marinara and parmesan. Awesome!
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread