+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Brooks
  • 1 Post By Kocky_Kamikaze

Thread: Whole Foods

FORT Fogey

Whole Foods

There were protestors the most recent time that I was at Whole Foods. They were protesting the selling of rabbits, except that their signs contained the word "bunny." I heard one of the protestors say the word "slaughter." After I got in the store, a customer asked me what the protest was about. She said that when she was growing up, her father shot rabbits and squirrels for food. She said that she had grown up in West Virginia. After talking a while, I brought up the subject of gluten sensitivity. The customer mentioned that wheat doesn't grow very tall now. I didn't ask her if wheat that isn't genetically modified, also for some reason no longer grows tall.

Re: Whole Foods

I have found that Whole Foods is cheaper than my regular grocer for many items and the produce is much better.
    Ellen likes this.

That's ridiculous. My father also used to hunt and we ate all kinds of critters. We used to fight over the bunny tails.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I have found that Whole Foods is cheaper than my regular grocer for many items and the produce is much better.
    Whole Foods has many items that regular grocers don't carry, including organic oatmeal. There would be more of a variety of produce if so much room wasn't taken up by prepared, packaged salads. (The packaged salads are something that is fairly new).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    That's ridiculous. My father also used to hunt and we ate all kinds of critters. We used to fight over the bunny tails.
    Some people needed, and still need, to eat rabbits to survive. What if a group decided that chicken or beef shouldn't be eaten?

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Some people needed, and still need, to eat rabbits to survive. What if a group decided that chicken or beef shouldn't be eaten?
    I'd sure hate for a group of people dictate what I can and cannot eat just because it's against their moral fiber.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

+ Reply to Thread