+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: The Highs and Lows of Dieting

Re: The Highs and Lows of Dieting

I live within 10 minutes' driving distance to the Temecula Olive Oil Company's store and tasting room in Old Town San Diego. You can order online through their website -- their shipping may be more cost-effective than mine; I don't know. (With my family and friends, I use the USPS flat-rate boxes.) But I'm there often enough that I can give advice if you want. Here's TOOC's website:
    Temecula Olive Oil - Home page
    PM me if you have any questions. Like I said, I'm there often enough because my husband and I use their products a lot. I've also brought clients there quite often, so I have a pretty decent relationship with the folks who work there.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Speaking of olive oil..........Great news! My cholesterol is 149! I've tried to get there for many years. The only way I made it is with Pravastin. And it hasn't caused me any nasty side effects. The bad news is that my doctor says my bad cholesterol is too high and she wants to up the dose. Oh well. I'm worried that upping the dose might cause side effects.

AND my kidneys are great. I also have to go on Vitamin D though.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Speaking of olive oil..........Great news! My cholesterol is 149! I've tried to get there for many years. The only way I made it is with Pravastin. And it hasn't caused me any nasty side effects. The bad news is that my doctor says my bad cholesterol is too high and she wants to up the dose. Oh well. I'm worried that upping the dose might cause side effects.

AND my kidneys are great. I also have to go on Vitamin D though.
    Yay!

If she ups the dose, just pay attention to what happens so you can report back to her. (I now have several drugs on my "won't ever take again" list. But as a result, I now have to take two different pills for cholesterol. This being sick stuff is for the birds.)

And if you also need calcium, you can get calcium plus Vitamin D pills. (I still have some here, although I had to stop taking them when I started taking PhosLo, which is primarily calcium...my numbers were getting too high.)

Yes, I should be on calcium too I guess. I used to be on prescription Vitamin D that you take once per week. My other doctor previously told me that when it's a low as mine, the over the counter doesn't really cut it. We'll see. I'm going to try it first, per my present doctor's advice.

Good job on joining the get healthy club, Johnny. I usually drink 2/3 meals. A smoothie for breakfast and a blender soup for lunch (today it is celery) I eat supper with the family.

I really like the myfitnesspal app.
    Ellen likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I think liquid meals are fine so long as they aren't sugar-based, which overloads the bloodstream and goes straight to fat.

My lunch has been a green Nutri-Blast smoothie I slurp at my desk over a few hours. In deference to the most recent cautions about artifical sugars I have eliminated the Splenda I was putting in it and upped the number of dates from 2 to 4.

FORT Fogey

I deal with 25 pounds up and down. Over the years I have used a plateau breaker and it works like a charm. Or if you find yourself up a couple of pounds. It gets your body rolling again. Eat one meal, only one for the entire day, which is a steak and sliced tomatoes. No limit on amount but it has to be eating all at one sitting. That is it. I am not a breakfast eater so having this meal in the afternoon works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I deal with 25 pounds up and down. Over the years I have used a plateau breaker and it works like a charm. Or if you find yourself up a couple of pounds. It gets your body rolling again. Eat one meal, only one for the entire day, which is a steak and sliced tomatoes. No limit on amount but it has to be eating all at one sitting. That is it. I am not a breakfast eater so having this meal in the afternoon works for me.
    Are you drinking any meals? Are you eating carbs?

My smoothie (feeds 3) is 1 cup balkan yoghurt, 1/4 cup frozen cherries, 1/4 cup peach, mango, grapes, melon frozen blend, 1 TBS chia, 1 TBS flax, 1 TBS hemp, 1/4 cup of frozen kale and water to get it to the consistency I like. I was doing Greek yoghurt but it is way too pricey for daily use.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

That sounds good! What's "Balkan" yoghurt?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread