+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: The Highs and Lows of Dieting

Re: The Highs and Lows of Dieting

Thank you, PhoneGrrrl, for posting this!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ooooh! Those Cherry Ripes look good! I love coconut and I think I'd like it a lot with cherries.
    When I started the "Eat to Live" diet, they recommended giving everything up cold turkey and talked about how the body would have all these negative reactions as you went through sugar and fat "withdrawal", but I still had food in the house I wasn't going to waste, so I eased into it eating a big salad as the main meal, etc. but gradually eating the leftover goodies. I never had the withdrawal symptoms and I didn't panic (my past reaction to other extreme diets).
    So I guess my advice would be to eat "as if" you are on the diet, but allow yourself the treats at certain times of the day.
    I've also been known to eat all the bad stuff in the house after the kids have been home just to get it gone. I guess I figure there's no way I can absorb all that fat and sugar... it will just pass through me. Good luck!
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Drum roll, please...

My official weight loss after my first week of my new weight loss plan is....3.8 pounds!

I'm very happy and I feel like I did it the right way. I didn't feel overly hungry during the week and I've been faithful to my exercise program, being careful not to overdo it so I don't burn out and quit. Here's to many more successful weeks and a slimmer me!

Good work, pikachu!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

WTG, pikachu!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

At the MyFitnessPal forum, they have a thread where you can post pictures of your meals. Since I was showing them what I had for lunch today, I decided to share with you all, too!

I usually eat off paper plates but since I was photographing it, I put it on a plate and even took it out on the porch to get natural light in the picture.

This was my lunch today: a hamburger patty (4 oz. raw), 1/2 cup whole kernal sweet corn, and a cup of spinach salad (1 cup spinach, 5 manzanilla olives, 1 tbsp olive oil).

466 calories, 10 carbs, 39 fat, 20 protein

Keep it up! Good work!
    Count your blessings!

Good Job!
    I have been going to WW regularly for several years, I had lost about 35 lbs, but managed to gain that back even while going. But the last few years I really had just been going to support my daughter who was going. She has lost 40.
    But this year, I have decided it is for me. I started some hormone therapy, and part of what the doctor suggested I do was a liver cleanse. I finally started it last Friday. Only the first 2 days are fasting while taking some supplements - and then I can eat meals but avoid a lot of foods. That I can reintroduce some at a time after it is over. (kind of looking for foods that may affect me differently).
    But I decided it is a great time to change my lifestyle into what I know I need to do. It has been 5 days, and no soda, no coffee, no sweets, no sweeteners, no bread. I have realy been enjoying berries and salads, and developing a taste for water again.
    I have managed to lose 5 lbs since the new year, and just have to get back to using my points (WW).
    Hubby and I have started walking the mall (one time around inside = 1 mile) and we are working our way up to more.

I am excited about this. I feel like I am finally back in the mindset to get it done this year. and the next, and the next.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

You definitely have to be in the right mindset to tackle it, schmoo. I've been unhappy with my weight over the past few months. I'm already overweight but I'd noticed I was putting on more weight and all of my clothes were getting tight. As much as I wanted to lose weight, I didn't feel ready to start a diet. Then all of a sudden something inside me decided I was ready and there was no stopping me to get started! I lined up a walking partner and when she couldn't join me the first week, I went walking on my own. I'm determined to make the most of it while the motivation is there. I'll need the results of what I accomplish now to push me through later when my motivation wanes.

BTW, if anyone wants to see what I had for supper, I took a picture of it, too.

Fort Member

Sorry Wagon Wheels are chocolate coated biscuits with a jam and marshmallow type filling, they are delicious and Cherry Ripes are chocolate bars made with a cherry and coconut filling coated in dark chocolate very yummy
    We can not get the same chocolates here in Jakarta so when I go home to Australia I stock up so currently have a fridge full of Chocolate I make a pack with myself when I get home that I will only buy Chocolate bars that are on sale for $1 or less that way if none are on sale I wont buy any problem is week after Christmas all my favourites were on sale

I have made the decision not to wait for my husband I am starting this weekend I actually cooked one of the dinner recipes from the diet last night and it was really nice and easy to make and I managed to find most of the ingredients which was a bit of a shock as I was sure lack of ingredients would be one of my excuses

+ Reply to Thread