+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: The Highs and Lows of Dieting

Re: The Highs and Lows of Dieting

-2 KGs mainly due to the fact that I have nothing I can cheat with in the house. No baking supplies, no chips etc. I have also stopped drinking my usual milk and sugar hot tea. I had given up coke (the fizzy drink not the powder) a few months ago and I think I could easily drink a liter's worth.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

That's the key - making sure it doesn't come into the house in the first place. There are so many delicious teas, both caffeinated and not, hot or cold. A little honey is good for you (raw). Keep up the good work!
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Good luck to all those who are or have started dieting.

I've loads of goodies in the house, but just made up my mind once and for all to stick to a weight loss regime. Almost 8 months in now. There are cookies in the house and every week I buy some sort of baked good (muffins, apple turnover mini bites) for hubby and son to snack on. I, too, love to bake and have really only baked once or twice since I began dieting in April. On Friday I baked brownies and pumpkin bread for my son to bring to a Thanksgiving dinner at his friend's house. On Wednesday I am baking 3 more pumpkin loaves to bring to my b.i.l's house for turkey day. Don't ask me why I am not tempted as I have no idea. I have never, ever had willpower but I am sticking to it.

And, I didn't have 20 or 50 pounds to lose. I needed to lose a whole other person. I am down 82 lbs so far and need to lose about 50 more. I am on Medifast Take Shape for Life, which is a meal replacement program. It's pricey, but the meals (or refueling as they call them) are only 110 calories each. I eat 5 a day and my own dinner of lean protein and 1 1/2 cup green veggies.

I am, however, dreading Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sweets are my downfall and even though I am a decent baker, my s.i.l. is an outstanding baker. I am going to miss the cheesecake, cream puffs, Christmas cookies and all the pies she makes for Thanksgiving. Not sure yet if I am going to do any Christmas baking.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post

I've loads of goodies in the house, but just made up my mind once and for all to stick to a weight loss regime. Almost 8 months in now. There are cookies in the house and every week I buy some sort of baked good (muffins, apple turnover mini bites) for hubby and son to snack on. I, too, love to bake and have really only baked once or twice since I began dieting in April. On Friday I baked brownies and pumpkin bread for my son to bring to a Thanksgiving dinner at his friend's house. On Wednesday I am baking 3 more pumpkin loaves to bring to my b.i.l's house for turkey day. Don't ask me why I am not tempted as I have no idea. I have never, ever had willpower but I am sticking to it.

And, I didn't have 20 or 50 pounds to lose. I needed to lose a whole other person. I am down 82 lbs so far and need to lose about 50 more. I am on Medifast Take Shape for Life, which is a meal replacement program. It's pricey, but the meals (or refueling as they call them) are only 110 calories each. I eat 5 a day and my own dinner of lean protein and 1 1/2 cup green veggies.

I am, however, dreading Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sweets are my downfall and even though I am a decent baker, my s.i.l. is an outstanding baker. I am going to miss the cheesecake, cream puffs, Christmas cookies and all the pies she makes for Thanksgiving. Not sure yet if I am going to do any Christmas baking.
    Have a very teeny bit of the things you love..don't say no to it all.one should be rewarded
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Have a very teeny bit of the things you love..don't say no to it all.one should be rewarded
    And, just to feel good (even if I have small amounts of sweet, fatty treats I feel sluggish), take an extra walk see if you can get others to go with you or do a little extra of your favorite cardio after dinner. It helps with the "reset" back to normal.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Awesome work! What I like about the meals I am making with this cook book is that they are portioned for a family so that is what we are eating. I am not playing restaurant or sitting there with my dry piece of meat and salad while they are having sauce laden pasta or something. Last night we had roast chicken breast, 3 small sweet potatoes, a yellow pepper, one large potato, 3 tomatoes and an onion roasted with and divided between the 4 of us. My adult and teen children and husband are all fit and didn't feel cheated.
    Brooks and Eastcoastmom like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Awesome work! What I like about the meals I am making with this cook book is that they are portioned for a family so that is what we are eating. I am not playing restaurant or sitting there with my dry piece of meat and salad while they are having sauce laden pasta or something. Last night we had roast chicken breast, 3 small sweet potatoes, a yellow pepper, one large potato, 3 tomatoes and an onion roasted with and divided between the 4 of us. My adult and teen children and husband are all fit and didn't feel cheated.
    I hear ya, tbamom. That sounds like an awesome and delicious dinner. Unfortunately for me, I have had to resort to this extremely regimented strict diet b/c nothing else has worked in the past. Plus, I already feel like a short order cook b/c both of my sons are vegetarians (only 1 remains at home) and hubby is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. So, I often make 3 dinners each night. Hubby has gotten better about eating certain things with me. Last night was baked flounder and salad for me while he had the flounder, creamed spinach and some noodles as his starch. When I get to maintenance I will slowly incorporate some of the good carbs in, like sweet potatoes. Love them!

Fanny, I know you've said to me privately in the past to reward myself from time to time with something small (I was thinking a new handbag while you were thinking a Hershey's kiss ) but I am afraid I will wake up the beast b/c honestly who can eat just 1 Hershey's kiss?

Ellen, I know you mean well but if I could walk a block I would not be in the shape I am now. My knees are shot. It's all I can do to do 20 minutes to a half-hour on the stationary bike each day. I do know that moderation is the key, so maybe one day I will be able to have my beloved sweets from time to time....just not a half of a blueberry muffin every day after breakfast.

Ellen, I know you mean well but if I could walk a block I would not be in the shape I am now. My knees are shot. It's all I can do to do 20 minutes to a half-hour on the stationary bike each day. I do know that moderation is the key, so maybe one day I will be able to have my beloved sweets from time to time....just not a half of a blueberry muffin every day after breakfast.
    Hey, 2030 minutes on a stationary bike is great! Ours has been a lifesaver for hubby, and it's been a great backup for me when my knees decide to protest against a weather change.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I struggle with 30 pounds tops, just so you know where I am coming from. I have to laugh as I listen to TV today. Everyone has a spot on about not gaining weight during the holidays. We are talking about 2 to 3 meals for most of us. Just eat the meal and be wise about the portions. Get back on track the next day.

I am seeing stuffing with no butter, pumpkin pie with no eggs, sugar or milk. That is just silly. Have a small piece of the real thing. We cannot live the rest of our lives avoiding treats and some endulgences. It is not psychologically healthy to do that.

I tend to diet right before the holidays like now. I will have dinner on Thursday like I do every year. I eat everything and watch the portions. It makes me happy! And I get back on track the next day. I do the Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. It is a modified paleo, a little looser than than Robert Wolf. It works beautifully and because carbs are limited weight goes quickly and I feel fabulous.

That said, my heart goes out to all of you who have more to lose. Even then, a day off can be a very good thing.

Trick to get back on track. A day after indulgence eat one steak and sliced tomatoes. That is it for the day and must be eaten in one meal. You let go of fluid retained and sets your appetite back on track to go forward. This is not from primal blueprint, I picked this up years ago and use it.

I also use this and it works!

NatureWise Raspberry Ketones Plus+ Weight Loss Supplement and Appetite Suppressant, 120 Count
    Sold by Amazon.com LLC

+ Reply to Thread