+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: The Highs and Lows of Dieting

Re: The Highs and Lows of Dieting

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    So what does your doctor say in his opinion would take for you to get off of them, and does he really truly understand the risks of staying on or getting off? His present recommendation may be overly conservative and unclear about the diseases and side effects. You might be in a better position to know what you should do.
    I'm a Type I diabetic and my endocrinologist whose focus is Diabetes says that as a type I, he wanted mine under 150. I respect his opinion as he's a highly respected professor, researcher, writer, etc. for a well known medical school. He said that for diabetics the numbers have to be much better than an average person due to risk factors. That's why I went on the meds. Since my bad cholesterol is too high, I must increase the meds, even though my total number is 155.

I heard reports yesterday that reminded me that a glass of red wine per day was quite helpful for many things. I'm considering taking that back up. I stopped drinking alcohol a few years ago, except for special occasions. I'll have to check with my doctor. I just remembered. I don't think you are supposed to drink alcohol when taking Pravstatin, although, my GP told me it was okay a few times per year. Anyone know?

I received a copy of this book yesterday after ordering it my friend in Scotland swears by it. Low calorie remakes of food that we eat where relearning portion control is the focus rather than completely eliminating all the "bad stuff"

Day 1 starts today.
    Ellen and ClosetRTWatcher like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Day 1 starts today.
    Good luck to you!

You just mentioned this on one of the Survivor threads. Perhaps you could visualize the food challenge offerings, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Good luck to you!

You just mentioned this on one of the Survivor threads. Perhaps you could visualize the food challenge offerings, LOL.
    I do home daycare and I find myself wanting to snack while they nap. I lost a whack a few years ago on Dukan and gained it all back.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I do home daycare and I find myself wanting to snack while they nap. I lost a whack a few years ago on Dukan and gained it all back.
    Working at home is dangerous! It is so easy to "graze" all day long!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Working at home is dangerous! It is so easy to "graze" all day long!!
    I am also a really good cook who gets stupid ideas. Last week I decided to make doughnuts. This week I made chocolate covered pretzels. Now I have vowed to stop buying baking supplies.
    inthegarden likes this.

FORT Newbie

I just recently decided Togo on a diet and start changing my life. The plan I went on talks about counting calories and exercise. There was an advice on how to get over those pounds you just can't lose. The place is free and called sparkpeople
    I can say I have just started to learn how much I was eating and what I should be eating. Really looking at those labels.....it's pretty eye opening. It really is about portions. Although I did not have to I cut of coffee completely and I have not had a regular soda since I started.
    tbamom likes this.

I do home daycare and I find myself wanting to snack while they nap.
    Maybe the answer is to make sure the little blighters never fall asleep, LOL.

I am also a really good cook who gets stupid ideas. Last week I decided to make doughnuts. This week I made chocolate covered pretzels. Now I have vowed to stop buying baking supplies.
    I get those stupid ideas too. Last week, the chocolate cake on the Hersey cocoa powder can. This week, cinnamon rolls.Tomorrow, I have to bake two pies for a dinner party my son is hosting. Also, gingerbread with lemon sauce. Next week is Thanksgiving.
    I cut up fruit to snack on or nuts. *sigh* Probably duct tape would work better for me. *sigh*
    nennie and tbamom like this.

Brooks I can't like that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I get those stupid ideas too. Last week, the chocolate cake on the Hersey cocoa powder can. This week, cinnamon rolls.Tomorrow, I have to bake two pies for a dinner party my son is hosting. Also, gingerbread with lemon sauce. Next week is Thanksgiving.
    I cut up fruit to snack on or nuts. *sigh* Probably duct tape would work better for me. *sigh*

Duct tape fixes everything. I did ok just an apple with my tea and not in pie form.
    inthegarden likes this.

+ Reply to Thread