+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 145 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Like Tree617Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Chow Chow is a relish. The recipes you google has lots of sugar in it and this doesn't. It is made with green tomatoes, onions, red and green bell pepper and cabbage. This was my mothers recipe and you can also use this recipe to make sweet relish with.
    Thank you, Nennie! It sounds delicious. I like, too, that it's not loaded with sugar.
    And I can get all these ingredients at the farmers' market!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Tonight was cheese and garlic sausage sauteed with garlic and green pepper olive oil with fresh tomato sauce and rice, with a side cucumber and heirloom tomato salad.

This week's CSA: heirloom tomatoes, cherry and sungold tomatoes, Swiss Chard, Boston lettuce, beets, zucchini, summer squash, green peppers, carrots, and eggs. (I'm missing something.)
    Cootie likes this.

Tonight was pizza. I made the dough this morning, let it rise, portioned it, and then put it in the fridge until dinner time. I made three pizzas all with my garlic olive oil and fresh mozzarella, and then 1) cherry tomatoes and prosciutto, 2) sliced beefsteak tomatoes and leftover garlic and cheese sausage, and 3) shredded mozz and sausage (my son doesn't like tomatoes, although he loves sauce and ketchup).

I still have three pieces of dough left, so I guess we're having pizza tomorrow, too :-) (Or maybe I'll make garlic cheese breadsticks because I still have a lot of veggies to use.)
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Tonight was pizza. I made the dough this morning, let it rise, portioned it, and then put it in the fridge until dinner time. I made three pizzas all with my garlic olive oil and fresh mozzarella, and then 1) cherry tomatoes and prosciutto, 2) sliced beefsteak tomatoes and leftover garlic and cheese sausage, and 3) shredded mozz and sausage (my son doesn't like tomatoes, although he loves sauce and ketchup).

I still have three pieces of dough left, so I guess we're having pizza tomorrow, too :-) (Or maybe I'll make garlic cheese breadsticks because I still have a lot of veggies to use.)

Can I come over?
    (I'll bring Temecula Olive Oil...)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post

Can I come over?
    (I'll bring Temecula Olive Oil...)
    Ellen, you're welcome at any time :-) Just let me know when you'll be in the area!

Tonight was a crustless quiche with Swiss Chard (got lots at the CSA), onions, bacon, and cheese. I think there's one piece left.
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post

Can you roll it out and make individual Calzones?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

We had chicken skewers & a salad of Brandywine tomato slices, fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh basil sprinkled with balsamic vinegar... light and delicious! Mostly a Costco meal except for the tomato which was Cootie-grown...
    Eastcoastmom and I'm here like this.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Can you roll it out and make individual Calzones?
    What a great idea! Sure I can :-) Thanks!

I made a slow-simmered tomato sauce yesterday, and I planned to make eggplant/chicken parmesan (because I only got one eggplant in the CSA and it's not big enough for all three of us), and then my husband got called into work. So I made spaghetti for my son and me, and I'll make the parmesan tonight.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

TripleGemini, can you enlighten me as to what CSA means? You've mentioned it in several posts. Is it a type of farmer's market?

Last night's dinner for the menfolk was farfalle (bowtie) pasta in an alfredo sauce tossed with broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts and snow peas ( the kind of frozen veggies you get in a steamable bag). It looked good. Tonight, on a lighter note, hubby and I will be eating baked tilapia and a garden salad. I'm down 49 pounds as of today.

Last edited by Eastcoastmom; 08-15-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    TripleGemini, can you enlighten me as to what CSA means? You've mentioned it in several posts. Is it a type of farmer's market?
    I think this will answer your question...
    source: Community Supported Agriculture - LocalHarvest

Community Supported Agriculture
    For over 25 years, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) has become a popular way for consumers to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer.

Here are the basics: a farmer offers a certain number of "shares" to the public. Typically the share consists of a box of vegetables, but other farm products may be included. Interested consumers purchase a share (aka a "membership" or a "subscription") and in return receive a box (bag, basket) of seasonal produce each week throughout the farming season.

+ Reply to Thread