+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 145 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Like Tree617Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Tonight is garlic and lemon chicken with green beans and red potatoes. I LOVE my friends who post recipes on Facebook. Raw veggies on the side. I hate lettuce, and would rather just eat all the stuff that goes in a salad without the lettuce.

My only concern is that Obama will be visiting a high school in our area today; the school is located between my husband's office and home, and traffic may be a bear. (Really, closing down a freeway at rush hour so you can have a photo op does NOT endear you to anyone, especially those of us who didn't vote for you. And here in Arizona, MOST of us didn't.)

So I'm planning dinner for an hour later than usual, just in case.

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

We had the same thing happen this spring...It would be nice if they would try and schedule the visits and departures so it wouldn't disrupt work traffic.

For supper I'm departing from my usual garden vegetable dinners and having Rachel Ray's Lasagna Bread Pizza and a tossed salad.

Spaghetti and garlic bread.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

London Broil with mushroom gravy and steamed broccoli.

(And I'm the only one who ate. Just as I finished, my son walked through the kitchen, grabbed some broccoli, and took off for a friend's house. And my husband, who's back working nights, had fallen asleep. Oh, well :-) )

Tomato-Molasses Pork Loin -
    with Rice and Spinach Salad
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Pork steak and fried potatoes.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I had a BIG salad at lunch, so I'm not really hungry. Hmmm. Might poke around in the fridge and see if there's something light.
    Count your blessings!

I haven't eaten any wheat in over a month and my husband doesn't seem to miss pasta at all (but if he does, he knows how to cook it ). Someone gifted us with a big box of meat from Omaha Steaks today so we will probably have salad with garden tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers and maybe some pork chops...

Hubby made a delicious salad with farmers' market goodies: grilled baby beets, romaine lettuce, burrata, and orange-fennel vinaigrette.
    So yummy!
    Cootie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I met some friends in Boston tonight (at La Famiglia Giorgio's in the North End). Wow, the food was amazing. Huge portions...I got eggplant parmesan...the piece was about 6" long and 4" wide, and I think it had about 12 layers of eggplant. I only ate a strip about 4" x 1", and my son finished the rest when he got home from work. (And here I thought I'd have enough leftovers for several meals!)

The entrees are served with a pound of (boxed) ziti or linguine, or you can get not quite a pound of fresh pasta (I had angel hair).

Better yet, it wasn't too salty, and it wasn't overly loaded with cheese. And they also have gluten-free pasta (one of my friends had ziti fra diavolo style and said it was excellent).

If you're ever visiting Boston and want a decent place to eat, I can recommend them. The restaurant is a short walk from Government Center or North Station.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread