+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 192 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142 ... LastLast
Like Tree910Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

What kind of tacos, Fanny? I was reading an article today about some of the dining establishments which have al fresco dining and one of them featured lobster tacos. Hubby does not like tacos nor Mexican food but I bet he'd eat those lobster tacos.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    What kind of tacos, Fanny? I was reading an article today about some of the dining establishments which have al fresco dining and one of them featured lobster tacos. Hubby does not like tacos nor Mexican food but I bet he'd eat those lobster tacos.
    Mine are just ground beef tacos, with lots of things to pop on top .Avocado, lettuce tomatoes etc. we also like fish tacos. Lobster, yummy!
    beerbelly and Cootie like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Catching up on this thread and recalling how much I LOVE BASIL. We had so much rain this summer that my herbs didn't make it. The tomato vines rotted from too much water.

Tonight we had leftovers of; Field peas, squash, boiled potatoes, sliced tomato, sliced beets, and rolls. I'm trying to cut back on meat.
    I love love LOVE basil... if I could I would bottle it and wear it as my perfume!!!

Your dinner sounds delicious! Who needs meat with all those goodies???

Summer makes me lazy... I just never feel like cooking. I haven't a clue what I'll make for dinner tonight. I will be wandering the store aisles.... No doubt I will come home with a bunch of things I don't need.
    Debb70 likes this.

Monday's chicken cutlets become chicken cutlet parmigiana with a side of spaghetti for hubby. Spaghetti with veggie sausage for our son. I'm probably having turkey breast slices with some sautéed zucchini or maybe some broccoli. I miss my pasta.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Monday's chicken cutlets become chicken cutlet parmigiana with a side of spaghetti for hubby. Spaghetti with veggie sausage for our son. I'm probably having turkey breast slices with some sautéed zucchini or maybe some broccoli. I miss my pasta.
    Have you tried quinoa pasta yet? While its definitely different than pasta to the bite... it still teases the brain(well my brain). With enough toppings... I almost (ALMOST) forgot I wasn't eating pasta. I made it twice. Once with tomato sauce the other time with chicken and veggies... in a light lemon sauce. YUM!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

I'm here, I'm on a very restricted diet: no carbs, no beans, no dairy, no fruit. Only lean protein and green vegetables, low on the glycemic index. So, I am afraid quinoa pasta would not be allowed. I do make quinoa quite often for my vegetarian son. The other day I sautéed red, sweet peppers, and onion, and mixed it with the quinoa.
    Cootie likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm going out for seafood tonight. Two of my friends had birthdays recently so a bunch of us girls are getting together after work. I already looked up the menu online and I'm planning on getting a seafood platter with tilapia, shrimp, oysters, and scallops, plus a side salad, a sweet potato, and perhaps cherry cheesecake for dessert.

We unexpectedly had ice cream at work today so I might have to skip dessert or save some of my seafood for tomorrow.
    Debb70 likes this.

Last night, we ordered out...we found a place that serves Mexican food that's been around for awhile, but we had missed it. The food was incredibly good and not that expensive...we'll go there again. ($27 for a taco salad, nachos, three chorizo tacos, and a double-cheese quesadilla, plus a side of guacamole that was made fresh to order. The other sauces were included.)

Tonight was baked chicken thighs, corn on the cob, and panzanella salad.

Tonight: garlicky green beans (because I get my CSA tomorrow and there will be more!), sauteed shrimp, angel hair pasta, garlic bread (with garlic oil that I make), and salad (kind of a combo of leftover panzanella and leftover caprese).

Home made fish and chips. I love fish done in panko

Shepherds pie tomorrow
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread