+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 165 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 1647
Like Tree746Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

  1. #81
    FORT Fogey I'm here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I cooked cracked wheat in coconut milk with dried cherries flavored with cinnamon, cardamom, and lavender sugar. I'll have a salad later.
    I love everything you just mentioned... but... Um.. would that be a dessert then... cookie? cake? Tea? Confused...

  2. #82
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

    it's homeade hamburgers for our house.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

  3. #83
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    1,983

    Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Potato-leek soup, garnished with bacon bits and sharp cheddar cheese. (I hadn't pulled anything out, but I had leeks!)

  4. #84
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,970

    Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Roasted chicken, green beans, and sweet potato fries.

  5. #85
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,669

    Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

    I made chili in the crock-pot.My daughter in law picked up some nice fresh bead . It all smells delicious
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #86
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,059

    Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Indian stuff: curried eggplant, curried lentils, and some kind of flatbread (I forget the name, but it was thinner than naan).
    It went very well with Trader Joe's "Honeymoon" Viognier.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  7. #87
    Go Donny! Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Big Brother house
    Posts
    13,113

    Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I love everything you just mentioned... but... Um.. would that be a dessert then... cookie? cake? Tea? Confused...
    I guess it does sound dessert/tea - ish. I live alone and tend to compartmentalize my eating. I got home and had a craving for something hot and creamy. My healthy compromise was the whole grain cracked wheat, coconut milk has "good" (mono unsaturated) fat that your brain needs, cherries for antioxidents, and really only a sprinkling of the lavender sugar I had just gotten at the garlic festival and wanted to try on something. It really complimented the cardamom. Later I steamed up a huge bag of fresh green beans and ate them from the strainer - no butter, oil, or sauce. That's a pretty healthy evening's worth of food in my book.
    Count your blessings!

  8. #88
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,574

    Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I made chili in the crock-pot.My daughter in law picked up some nice fresh bead . It all smells delicious
    That's what I'm having for tomorrow night's supper!
    Tonight, it's skillet spaghetti.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  9. #89
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,669

    Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    That's what I'm having for tomorrow night's supper!
    Tonight, it's skillet spaghetti.
    I am having leftovers tonight.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #90
    FORT Fogey I'm here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I guess it does sound dessert/tea - ish. I live alone and tend to compartmentalize my eating. I got home and had a craving for something hot and creamy. My healthy compromise was the whole grain cracked wheat, coconut milk has "good" (mono unsaturated) fat that your brain needs, cherries for antioxidents, and really only a sprinkling of the lavender sugar I had just gotten at the garlic festival and wanted to try on something. It really complimented the cardamom. Later I steamed up a huge bag of fresh green beans and ate them from the strainer - no butter, oil, or sauce. That's a pretty healthy evening's worth of food in my book.

    And I'm sitting here with my mouth wide open. I'm impressed with all of it. I think I'm more impressed in the fact that I don't have any of that in my pantry and even if I did... I wouldn't have come up with that.

    I LOVE this thread. Not because I made it... but the ideas are just amazing! And I'm thankful for them!!!!!!

    Oh... and about the green beans. Sounds yummy to me. I eat my green beans raw.
    Ellen and Cootie like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.