+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 145 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138 ... LastLast
Like Tree617Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

We're going to have to start eating hot dogs...thanks to my husband (who always thinks we're out of hot dog buns), I now have eight dozen. <sigh>
    LOL! That's funny!
    The same often happens with us with various things that we forget we have. Sometimes it's mustard, sometimes four different kinds of bread (and there's just the two of us), sometimes rice...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Thanks Ellen for that Grass Fed Hot Dog link. I'm going to check that out.

We had hot dogs, bean burgers, potato salad, baked beans, brownies and ice cream last night.

Tonight, I'm thinking tuna and pasta salad.
    Ellen likes this.

Local grass fed beef burgers (sans bun), avocado, tomato and homegrown carmelized onions. Summer is officially on! I am trying to reduce wheat in my diet, no buns for me!
    Ellen likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Maine lobster with a side of broccoli for me last night. Unfortunately, it's just not the same without the drawn butter sauce. *pouty face*

Tonight it's roasted chicken with a garden salad.
    angelic_one2002 and Cootie like this.

Last night was leftovers :-)

Last Friday, I made sausage (ground pork and a variety of spices) and garlicky tomato sauce, which I mixed (but lightly so that there was enough sauce to taste, not to drench). And I took my yellow squash from my CSA, cut it in half, and hollowed it out, and filled the hollow with the sausage mix and then put some shredded mozzarella on it. I had sausage and sauce left over, so I made some macaroni (this was definitely more saucy).

On Saturday, I boiled chicken thighs in chicken stock, and then shredded the chicken for chicken quesadillas, which I served with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. I used the stock to make "spanish" risotto...I added a cup of diced peppers (multi-color), three diced tomatoes, and garlic (I ran out of onions last week and haven't been to the store yet), and then added some spicy sauce that I picked up in the Spanish aisle at the grocery store to up the heat/flavor.

Now I can cook again, given that the leftovers are gone.
    Cootie likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Despite the heat and the late start I got, I made what I thought was a huge pan of moussaka. It's almost gone! Labor intensive but definitely worth the trouble.
    Cootie likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Love moussaka, LS&S. Never tried my hand at making it, though. Labor intensive is one thing, but is it difficult to make?

Heat wave broke :-) So far today, I've made banana bread and strawberry coulis, and in a little while, I'll make corn pudding. (My husband, the one who likes to buy lots, grabbed a dozen ears of corn last week, even though we typically only eat six at a meal. So I cut the kernels off the cob and now I'll make pudding.) Of course, I still have to figure out what we'll actually eat for the meal :-)
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

Oven roasted chicken tonight, with steamed whole green beans and red potatoes
    nennie and Eastcoastmom like this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Oven roasted chicken tonight, with steamed whole green beans and red potatoes
    Can I come to your house for dinner angelic?
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread