+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 161 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136 ... LastLast
Like Tree714Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

It was fettucine mixed with chicken, broccoli, carrots, onions in alfredo sauce. I did use the lower fat alfredo sauce. lol
    What did you use to make the lower fat alfredo sauce, Debb?

I make an artery-clogging alfredo sauce with light cream, butter, and parmesan cheese. As a "nod to healthy eating" I toss in steamed broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower with the fettucine noodles. I've never made it with chicken, though that would be yummy. It's not something that is on the menu often, but my hubby and sons love it.

I am hoping to convince the husband to take me out for dinner. We are childless LOL (my kids are 21, 19, and almost 16) tonight. We haven't had a date night in ages.
    Ellen and TripleGemini like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Reading that back it seems very sexist and odd. I guess I just meant I am hoping to go out for dinner tonight.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I am hoping to convince the husband to take me out for dinner. We are childless LOL (my kids are 21, 19, and almost 16) tonight. We haven't had a date night in ages.
    Now that would be lovely! We are thinking of going out, when we bought this place they gave a GC to a very nice restaurant. It will depend on how tired hubby is-If not I will do my famous BBQ wings
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Shrimp and broccoli for me, spaghetti w/clam sauce for hubby and the kid had pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    What did you use to make the lower fat alfredo sauce, Debb?

I make an artery-clogging alfredo sauce with light cream, butter, and parmesan cheese. As a "nod to healthy eating" I toss in steamed broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower with the fettucine noodles. I've never made it with chicken, though that would be yummy. It's not something that is on the menu often, but my hubby and sons love it.
    I cheated with the sauce. I used two kinds. I used that from a jar. It's labled lower fat. I can't recall the brand name, but it's a very popular one. It's a lot more watery than regular. I also bought a package of mix. I added water, milk and parmesan cheese to the powder. It wasn't as creamy as regular. That would be my one complaint, but it was still delicious to me.

Steak and shrimp with corn, peppers .mushrooms with onions Baked potatoes and salad We have company coming for Canada day
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Steak and shrimp with corn, peppers .mushrooms with onions Baked potatoes and salad We have company coming for Canada day
    Belated Happy Canada Day!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Belated Happy Canada Day!
    Thankyou!
    -Andy Rooney-

Because I am in such a funk..... I'm having junk food.

Hoagie and fries

+ Reply to Thread