+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 169 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132 ... LastLast
Like Tree769Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Beautiful weather here and nice fresh produce at the Farmer's Market. Gazpacho!!
    Ellen and Cootie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Even though the weather was a little chilly, I made macaroni and fruit salads and my husband made burgers. I'm trying to will summer to arrive ;-)
    STOP IT!!!! Its 92... and very muggy!!! I hate it!!! And so does my hair.... it is getting frizzy... and I can't stand that! My husband calls them my birds nests. Frizz only around my ears.

Tonight... I am going to the beach. *does her happy dance* My plans are to kick back... enjoy the ocean, snifffffff the salty air.... and have a seafood feast then wash it all down with a yummy cocktail or two.

Wish you all a great weekend!!!!!!
    Punkin, Debb70 and Eastcoastmom like this.

Low- to mid-70║s here. Pizza on the grill tonight, followed by a sunset walk.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Same here Ellen. Well, minus the sunset walk, we are headed for thunder storms
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    STOP IT!!!! Its 92... and very muggy!!! I hate it!!! And so does my hair.... it is getting frizzy... and I can't stand that! My husband calls them my birds nests. Frizz only around my ears.

Tonight... I am going to the beach. *does her happy dance* My plans are to kick back... enjoy the ocean, snifffffff the salty air.... and have a seafood feast then wash it all down with a yummy cocktail or two.

Wish you all a great weekend!!!!!!
    Just FYI...summer arrived. It's 11:04 pm and 81F.

I made more macaroni salad tonight ;-) Everyone likes it and they can eat when they want.

PS Trick I learned from Serious Eats: soak the pasta to rehydrate it for several hours before you cook it. It only takes about 3 minutes to cook once it's been rehydrated!

It's all turkey all the time here. Tonight it's a kind of upscale turkey hash with caramelized onions, red potatoes, turkey and herbes de Provence. YUM!

I'm going to make some soup this weekend for freezing and probably a batch of chili too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical, when I have leftover turkey I make a turkey chowder that's delicious. My recipe is on a ripped-up piece of paper and I don't know where it is, but this recipe is very close - I don't put red peppers in it, though.

Turkey Sage Chowder - Ontario Turkey

My co-worker was telling me about a watermelon salad she makes - it's just watermelon, cucumber, red onion, and feta cheese. She swears it's delicious but it sounds bizarre. I'm trying to decide if I should give it a shot, but I hate the thought of wasting expensive feta if the recipe is a bust.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    My co-worker was telling me about a watermelon salad she makes - it's just watermelon, cucumber, red onion, and feta cheese. She swears it's delicious but it sounds bizarre. I'm trying to decide if I should give it a shot, but I hate the thought of wasting expensive feta if the recipe is a bust.
    I make a similar salad, but I use fresh mozzarella instead of feta. It's really good :-)

We have had it, it's really delicious. The flavors all go well together
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

We're gonna grill stuff (eggplant, peppers, dragon kale, onions, mushrooms, nectarines, etc.) that we bought at this morning's farmers' market.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread