+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 176 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129 ... LastLast
Like Tree831Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Sounds good, nennie! I love to barbecue pork steaks with barbecue sauce. Tonight I am making a homemade chicken pot pie casserole.
    You're dinner sounds great. I need that recipe.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Well, we had quesadillas again...my son ended up leaving lacrosse practice early because he twisted his ankle, and I ended up spending 4 hours getting him to and from the doctor's office. (No break...yay! But we won't know the soft tissue damage for another couple of days. By the time we got to the doctor's office, he had a goose egg on the outside of his right ankle bigger than my husband's fist. Oh, and after we got home, we discovered that he's probably torn a ligament in his left ankle. This isn't going to be one of my better weeks.)

Making... Balsamic Marinated Portobello Mushrooms with Shrimp and Spinach (a recipe seen on The Chew). It is SOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!
    Ellen, Cootie and TripleGemini like this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Making... Balsamic Marinated Portobello Mushrooms with Shrimp and Spinach (a recipe seen on The Chew). It is SOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!
    Oh, that sounds really good :-) I'll have to go find that recipe.

Tonight I made a sort-of chicken pot pie...I didn't feel like making a crust, so I made drop biscuits instead.

Yesterday my chef daughter and I went to the farmers' market and found locally raised ground lamb and asparagus. We grilled both on my little hibachi. We used handmade cheese bread (also from the farmers' market) for the buns... tomato, sweet onion, Greek yogurt. Mmmmm.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Lamb chops on the BBQ and a HUGE greek salad
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Grilled veggie-and-sausage kabobs all ingredients from his morning's trip to the farmers' market.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Most folks in our neighborhood were grilling today. Well, we spent the day working on the raised garden bed (after spending yesterday cleaning the backyard)...the pressure-treated wood that my husband used to make it is all rotted, so my son and husband dug out all the dirt and dumped it where we're supposed to have a yard so that just maybe we can get grass seed to take. Anyway, everyone was a bit tired, so I made a quiche with strawberries macerated with a little sugar and vanilla & fig balsamic vinegar.

(If we can get the rest of the dirt out of the garden bed, then we can get rid of the wood, and then we can open the pool. I'll just have to get containers to plant this year...we're getting smart and we'll replace the wood with stone because it won't rot, but we have to create the budget for all those stones. The garden is 37 feet long and 16 inches tall, so we need a lot of stones.)

My boyfriend ended up fixing us some burgers on a George Forman grill. He added Montreal steak seasoning,steak dust, and also slap ya mama then topped it with two year old aged cheddar & Colby jack cheese...yum!

We had my nieces birthday party so I grilled burgers and hot dogs. The day before I smoked 2 pork butts for pulled pork. I got a new electric smoker that I am going to make lots of use with this summer.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread