+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 173 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128 ... LastLast
Like Tree793Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Got my temporary crown fitted yesterday, so I can eat sort of normally now. I still can't bust out the recipe for roasted garbanzo beans that I've been DYING to try, but I can have meat and less soft foods without worrying.

Last night I did Chicken Tikka Masala with Basmati rice and then made some baby bok choy with white wine, chicken stock and garlic. It was a luxury to eat meat AND something that I had to chew!

Tonight I think I'll do some sausage and mushrooms in a red sauce over polenta.
    beerbelly and TripleGemini like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Spaghetti with meatballs sauce in the slow cooker and a cheese/onion loaf in the breadmaker. Strawberries and icecream for dessert. We are being bad, but it will be delicious.

My son wanted Reubens for dinner tonight (we watched Triple-D last night, and one of the places made their own pastrami.)

Fancy carnivore meal tonight - grilled filet mignon, sauteed mushrooms and steamed broccoli.One of my husbands customers sent us a cooler full of Omaha Steaks, etc. Paired with a local grenache wine that worked well!
    TripleGemini and inthegarden like this.

We're having skillet lasagna (homemade), and strawberries with whipped cream for dessert.
    nennie likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

We are having grilled pork steak, french fires and corn.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

We had quesadillas tonight (kid had lacrosse practice right after school and then had to go to a fundraising event).

Last night, I made white lasagna. We all decided that it needed tomato sauce ;-) (Although that didn't stop either my husband or son from having seconds!)

Grilled portobello "pizzas," I hope.
    I got some beautiful portobellos from the farmers' market. We scoop out the gills, then put whatever we have on hand as pizza toppings/fillings: tomatoes, garlic, Italian sausage, shaved Parmesan, etc. Not too much, though, as we like the 'shrooms to be the star. Put 'em on the grill, add a salad and favorite adult beverage. Voilą! Midweek weekend!
    inthegarden likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    We are having grilled pork steak, french fires and corn.
    Sounds good, nennie! I love to barbecue pork steaks with barbecue sauce. Tonight I am making a homemade chicken pot pie casserole.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Sounds good, nennie! I love to barbecue pork steaks with barbecue sauce. Tonight I am making a homemade chicken pot pie casserole.
    I love homemade chicken pot pie; it's one of my favorite things to do with leftover rotisserie chicken other than to make chicken salad.

I'm making stuffed peppers over rice for hubby and broiled tilapia with a garden salad for me.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread