+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 183 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Like Tree869Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Macaroni and spaghetti sauce. (I took the pasta dough out of the freezer too late to make it today, so tomorrow I'll be rolling and cutting :-).)

Teriyaki chicken with broccoli and brown rice, but I REALLY wanted pizza.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I had part of a filling fall out this morning and the dentist can't get me in until Monday. I just got back from the store with lots of mushy foods. Ick. Whatever I eat, it will be soft and eaten slowly, since I can only chew on one side of my mouth!

I have a feeling a might be in for a little weight loss over the next few days......
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I had part of a filling fall out this morning and the dentist can't get me in until Monday. I just got back from the store with lots of mushy foods. Ick. Whatever I eat, it will be soft and eaten slowly, since I can only chew on one side of my mouth!

I have a feeling a might be in for a little weight loss over the next few days......
    Ouch! Hope you make it through the weekend successfully.

Thanks! As long as the rest of the filling stays in place, I won't freak out! It's definitely forcing me to be more creative with my food. After it took me an HOUR to eat a cup of cottage cheese this afternoon, I broke down and got a smoothie from McDonald's. Not a ton of nutrition, but it filled me up a bit.

Now I'm finally eating dinner. I caramelized some diced onions in a little maple syrup and then added cubed sweet potato and some minced fresh sage. Once the potato and onions were soft, I mashed it all together and seasoned with a little salt and pepper. It is REALLY good.

So, the first cooking experiment was a success. Who knows, if I get sick trying to cook mushy stuff, I may be making daily trips to Jamba Juice! For now, I think it will be okay.

Baked chicken, brussell sprouts and a salad is for dinner tonight. I'm trying to eat healthy as I'm making "easter pizza" this weekend (some people call it ham/meat pie) and it is SOOOO not healthy.

Salmon and sweet potatoes .Rhubarb crumble for dessert.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Fresh pasta and sauce with Italian sweet sausage. Today's going to be a weird day...son has his first lacrosse game and it's 45 minutes away at 4 pm, so we'll eat before we leave and save the rest for him to eat when he finally gets home. (I hate when he starts a new sport and I don't know what's going on...we only found out where the game is about an hour ago, and I have no idea when he'll get home. The website says that there are two games, varsity and junior varsity, but there are only enough kids on the team for one, so we don't even know for sure when he plays! <rant over> ;-) )

TGIF... and you all know what that means.... PIZZA

Yes... I really like pizza that much!!!! maybe even more than the color pink....
    Ellen likes this.

fish sandwiches and a salad
    nennie likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread