+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 160 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121 ... LastLast
Like Tree707Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

I made it very simply - just the mushrooms, kale, and sweet potatoes cooked up with coconut oil. I had already cooked some kamut I wanted to use, so I had it on that and it was YUM!!! Thanks! Leftovers for lunch tomorrow if I can resist them the rest of the evening.
    Count your blessings!

You're welcome! I had the leftovers for lunch today and they were still delicious!

I would probably make it for dinner again tonight if I wasn't out of sweet potatoes and wine! If you can believe it, my grocery store didn't have any sweet potatoes the other day. Correction: they had organic sweet potatoes, but I wasn't willing to pay that much more for them. I need to get some more because I want to try this recipe next: Fall-Vegetable and Quinoa Hash with Poached Eggs | Whole Living
    I may or may not do the poached egg.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I was going to ask the same thing.... I was guessing what "boiled dinner" meant. And my guess WAS.... a seafood feast... (lobster, mussels, clams, corn on the cob... all simmering/boiling away in a giant stock pot).

I think I'm ready for summer.....
    LOL Aren't we all? (It started snowing here again earlier, but it looks like the Cape will get more than we will.)

Boiled dinner is a New England thing, I believe. I'm here, we call your seafood feast a "clam bake" :-) (Even with the other stuff. And potatoes.)
    Cootie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    LOL Aren't we all? (It started snowing here again earlier, but it looks like the Cape will get more than we will.)

Boiled dinner is a New England thing, I believe. I'm here, we call your seafood feast a "clam bake" :-) (Even with the other stuff. And potatoes.)
    That's what we call in CA too

I did quinoa, mushrooms and kale with grilled chicken and roasted Brussels sprouts on the side. I'm stuffed.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Last night, chicken-fried steak, drop biscuits, and gravy.

Tonight, cheese quesadillas with guacamole (homemade), salsa (purchased), and sour cream.

After a week of teaching clay and breathing clay dust, I'm fighting irritation of my sinuses and lungs... I'm loathe to call it a cold... I made my crockpot cure-anything veggie and bean soup, hoping to give my body what it needs to heal itself.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    After a week of teaching clay and breathing clay dust, I'm fighting irritation of my sinuses and lungs... I'm loathe to call it a cold... I made my crockpot cure-anything veggie and bean soup, hoping to give my body what it needs to heal itself.
    Hope it works! Feel better soon :-)

Thank you! I'm feeling much better already.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm going to make shrimp fettucini alfredo for the first time ever. Cross your fingers!
    TripleGemini likes this.

Roast pork sirloin (with garlic, sage, and honey). Asparagus (although my son is sticking his nose up at that ;-) ). Not sure what I'll do for the carbs...potatoes? Polenta? Popovers? Such decisions...(although I've obviously narrowed it down to the "P"s ;-) ).

+ Reply to Thread