+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 193 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast
Like Tree912Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Chicken-avocado tacos and this cabbage salad: Cabbage Salad: Mexican-Inspired Cabbage Salad
    ... with Trader Joe's Honey Moon (Viognier) wine.
    Cootie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm going to have pizza and salad while watching Survivor tonight. Before my diet, I had a tradition of ordering pizza and wings from Pizza Hut on Survivor night. Now I make my own pizza with reduced fat crescent rolls, reduced fat mozzarella, turkey pepperoni, and pizza sauce. It's so yummy and easy to make, I'm thinking of bringing it sometime for a party.

I even get to have two Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos cookies and a cup of milk for dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm going to have pizza and salad while watching Survivor tonight. Before my diet, I had a tradition of ordering pizza and wings from Pizza Hut on Survivor night. Now I make my own pizza with reduced fat crescent rolls, reduced fat mozzarella, turkey pepperoni, and pizza sauce. It's so yummy and easy to make, I'm thinking of bringing it sometime for a party.

I even get to have two Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos cookies and a cup of milk for dessert.
    This sounds good! I would be tempted to skip the pizza and have a stack of Do-Si-Dos and a BIG glass of milk *sigh*

Grilled pork chops, lima beans, Au Gratin potatoes and baked apples.

Grilled pork roast, peas and potatoes.

I had a late lunch of Japanese pan noodles and grilled steak (probably my favorite mini-splurge right now) at one of my favorite take out places, so I'm going to do either a salad for dinner or something with veggies and quinoa.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I ended up cooking this recipe for dinner and OMG, it is SO good!
    Quinoa With Mushrooms, Kale, and Sweet Potatoes Recipe | Real Simple Recipes

I didn't use as many mushrooms because I only had a 10 oz bag and I like them on my salads. I used maybe 6 or 7 oz instead and added a bit more kale and sweet potato. I also ended up adding a tad more salt at the end. Really good and filling. The kale absorbs all the flavor of the wine and garlic and was really flavorful. The dish is really pretty too with the bright orange sweet potatoes and the dark green kale. Plus, it was a pretty quick recipe - maybe 30 minutes from start to finish. Definitely putting this one in my "arsenal."
    pikachu likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Cheeseburger soup.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I ended up cooking this recipe for dinner and OMG, it is SO good!
    Quinoa With Mushrooms, Kale, and Sweet Potatoes Recipe | Real Simple Recipes

I didn't use as many mushrooms because I only had a 10 oz bag and I like them on my salads. I used maybe 6 or 7 oz instead and added a bit more kale and sweet potato. I also ended up adding a tad more salt at the end. Really good and filling. The kale absorbs all the flavor of the wine and garlic and was really flavorful. The dish is really pretty too with the bright orange sweet potatoes and the dark green kale. Plus, it was a pretty quick recipe - maybe 30 minutes from start to finish. Definitely putting this one in my "arsenal."
    Wow! Does that sound good! I think I'll have that tonight. I have all the ingredients. Thanks!
    Critical likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    Triple Gemini, educate me please - what is boiled dinner? I don't think that is anything I know.
    I was going to ask the same thing.... I was guessing what "boiled dinner" meant. And my guess WAS.... a seafood feast... (lobster, mussels, clams, corn on the cob... all simmering/boiling away in a giant stock pot).

I think I'm ready for summer.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Wow! Does that sound good! I think I'll have that tonight. I have all the ingredients. Thanks!
    I think you'll like it too, Gut. I will say that it was filling in the way that Chinese food is filling.....I was hungry again pretty quickly. Next time I eat it, I'll likely have a little grilled chicken or fish on the side.

+ Reply to Thread