+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 159 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree706Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: Whats For Dinner TONIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Have you ever made 'Crockpot Lasagna'? One of my favorites!
    I have NEVER made lasagna in the crockpot. Though... your smilie is making me want to!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I have. Anything I can do in the crock, I will
    Me too, Fanny Mare.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I have. Anything I can do in the crock, I will
    Saturday nights... we like to stay in and make a really great meal. Try something new....

Might just have to make something in the crockpot.

I need ideas!!!!!!!!! (hmmm... maybe lasagna?)

It's really good, I'm here. The flavors all meld together nicely. I like my lasagna noodles cooked really well like they cook in a crockpot, anyway. Another good thing, you'll have leftovers for days.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

If you google crockpot recipes I'm here, you will be spoilt for choice
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    WOW! You marinate salmon for a few hours? I didn't realize the fish would hold up that long.
    I'm not sure what you mean. You just cover the fish with marinade on each side and let it sit in the fridge. Salmon's a pretty firm-fleshed fish. It holds up just fine.

In my family, we call the meat sale bin the "dead meat bin." It's my first (and sometimes only) stop in the meat department. Sometimes, the deals aren't so great. Other times, they'll have a pack of maybe 5 or 6 sausages - gourmet ones, like basil and lemon or something - for $1. That's when I stock up. They're so flavorful that you don't need to add much else in the way of seasoning to any dish.

I think the quality of produce at Walmart must vary a lot because the ones near me are really good. They don't have a HUGE selection, but what they do have is good quality. Maybe it's because the ones near me are Super Walmarts. Maybe that makes a difference. Ours has nearly a full-sized grocery store. The only thing that's smaller than usual is the produce department and it's still pretty big. Maybe the size of what you'd find at a large Trader Joe's.

Since my income got downsized, I've sort of turned bargain hunting into a game. I do it for groceries, but also for supplies for my business, as well as everything else. I rarely pay full price for anything. My friends think it's hilarious how much I get for free.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. You just cover the fish with marinade on each side and let it sit in the fridge. Salmon's a pretty firm-fleshed fish. It holds up just fine.
    I was under the impression that IF fish is marinaded for long it starts cooking the fish? I don't know where I heard this... maybe I'm just making it up. I do that sometimes *shrugs*

Since my income got downsized, I've sort of turned bargain hunting into a game. I do it for groceries, but also for supplies for my business, as well as everything else. I rarely pay full price for anything. My friends think it's hilarious how much I get for free.
    Can you teach me your tricks? I am the WORST shopper! I can NEVER find any sales... and free things? I'd have to shop in my parent's pantry for it to be free....
    Rattus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    It's really good, I'm here. The flavors all meld together nicely. I like my lasagna noodles cooked really well like they cook in a crockpot, anyway. Another good thing, you'll have leftovers for days.
    OoOoOoOo leftovers... now thats music to my ears/eyes/stomach... since I never have them. And I bet its better the next day too?
    I like the noodles cooked really well too.

Stomach starting to growl...

If you google crockpot recipes I'm here, you will be spoilt for choice
    OMG... there are SOOOO many recipes. Now.. figuring out what I want to make... First I don't have any ideas... now I have too many ideas.

Yes, it's even better the next day.

+ Reply to Thread