+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 176 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree830Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

pasta with broccoli rabe and chicken in a garlic parm sauce- just what my butt needs.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Spaghetti and garlic bread at my house tonight.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Roast beef, with mushroom gravy , potatoes and veggies.
    nennie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Spaghetti and garlic bread at my house tonight.
    Thats what we are having... well, left overs! Tonight will be the last night. Saturday night we made the meatballs... and had meatball parm sandwiches. Sunday night we had Spagetti and meatballs and tonight... well, I am just sorta getting sick of meatballs. If I keep eating meatballs.. I am gonna start looking like my avatar.....

<------- a meatball... hopefully just not so... um... yellow. It really isn't my color....

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Thats what we are having... well, left overs! Tonight will be the last night. Saturday night we made the meatballs... and had meatball parm sandwiches. Sunday night we had Spagetti and meatballs and tonight... well, I am just sorta getting sick of meatballs. If I keep eating meatballs.. I am gonna start looking like my avatar.....

<------- a meatball... hopefully just not so... um... yellow. It really isn't my color....
    Maybe you could make a spaghetti meatball casserole.....just add cheddar and mozarella cheese and bake it.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Meatballs freeze really well, I'm here. After cooking in the pasta sauce, I freeze about 4 or 5 in a container with just a little bit of sauce. This way, whenever we want pasta it's ready to go. Plus, I don't think I'd like eating the same thing 3 days in a row, whether it were beef, fish, chicken, etc.

Just got back from the grocers so tonight it will be a rotisserie chicken, sweet potatoes, and a cold beet salad.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Maybe you could make a spaghetti meatball casserole.....just add cheddar and mozarella cheese and bake it.
    Hmmm... I have never made that... that is definitely a thought. Especially since I have both cheeses.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Meatballs freeze really well, I'm here. After cooking in the pasta sauce, I freeze about 4 or 5 in a container with just a little bit of sauce. This way, whenever we want pasta it's ready to go. Plus, I don't think I'd like eating the same thing 3 days in a row, whether it were beef, fish, chicken, etc.

Just got back from the grocers so tonight it will be a rotisserie chicken, sweet potatoes, and a cold beet salad.

My problem with freezing food is: TIMING! How long can something be frozen for? AND... whats the time frame to freeze something? I made the meatballs on Saturday... are they too old to freeze at this point?

Your meal sounds wonderful. All of it. Was it all prepared or do you have to make the sweet potatoes and cold beet salad?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Corned beef (from the deli) simmered with cabbage, served over baked potatoes.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm here, only the chicken was cooked but I popped two sweet potatoes in the microwave and while they were cooking made the cold beet salad. It was quick and easy and now I have chicken left over for chicken salad. As for freezing now, I wouldn't think they would be too old as it is only 2 days really since they were prepared. We have pasta with meatballs, sausage, and braciole almost every Sunday so a batch of meatballs does not last too long in the freezer.

Little Sew&Sew, I just got back from the grocery store and totally forgot about picking up a corned beef. I so look forward to it every St. Paddy's Day! I wonder why I don't make it other times of the year?
    Last edited by Eastcoastmom; 02-25-2013 at 07:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread