+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 145 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast
Like Tree617Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    If I ever get around to preparing it, we might have eggplant parm. Love the dish but it takes so long what with the slicing, egging, breading, frying, blotting eggplant slices, then assembling and then baking. I've tried baking, instead of frying, and it doesn't take much less time that way too. I don't like the taste of the frozen, pre-breaded eggplant slices.
    Sure and you are sooo correct! Soooo delicious but soooo time consuming. I much rather order it at a restaurant then make it. And I agree with you about the frozen type. YUCK!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Sure and you are sooo correct! Soooo delicious but soooo time consuming. I much rather order it at a restaurant then make it. And I agree with you about the frozen type. YUCK!
    Yeah, but I can make it for a fraction of the cost it would be for buying for the 3 of us. Plus, I've got the eggplant and mozzarella cheese in the fridge since earlier this week so I should just get to it. I need a big nudge as I am feeling very lazy.
    I'm here likes this.

Yeah, but I can make it for a fraction of the cost it would be for buying for the 3 of us. Plus, I've got the eggplant and mozzarella cheese in the fridge since earlier this week so I should just get to it. I need a big nudge as I am feeling very lazy.
    NUDGE!!!!! I wish I lived closer, I love your cooking
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Well in that case.... GET MOVE'N!!! Make yourself a BIG STRONG cup of OR a turn on the music and crank it up....

I could always entertain you... <--- me and my multiple personalities to pass by the time.... (that will surely make you want to stay in the kitchen... egging... breading... dipping... dapping... blotting)

I hope that was some help....
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

LOL! ECM if I'm here cant move you with that post--- nobody can LOL
    I'm here likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    LOL! ECM if I'm here cant move you with that post--- nobody can LOL
    She's a riot, isn't she? Okay, okay, gonna shut my browser and get off my keister!!

She's a riot, isn't she? Okay, okay, gonna shut my browser and get off my keister!!
    atta girl
    -Andy Rooney-

See... it works everytime... when I mention entertaining a person... they go running.... *ponders* They can't possibly be running away from me.... Naaaaa.... HMMMM????

Save some eggplant parm for me.... What? *looks around* I DID make it happen, afterall....

Crab cakes with sweet pepper sauce and Thai basil vinaigrette. Made by the wonderful bar down the street! With a delicious Sauvignon Blanc. TGIF!
    I'm here likes this.

Last night was pasta and pesto (since I have about 80 "ice cubes" of pesto that I really do need to use!).

And EastCoastMom? I made eggplant parm last month (or maybe the month before?). I sliced Japanese eggplants crosswise, dipped the slices into frothy eggwhites and panko, and baked on a tray (over a baking sheet) for about 10 minutes. The prep was easier than frying and I didn't have oil spattering everywhere ;-) Plus, by using Japanese eggplant, I didn't have to prep the slices by salting and rinsing.

Just in case that nudges you a bit ;-)

+ Reply to Thread