+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 183 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1823
Like Tree869Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

  1. #561
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,158

    Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Hubby's recovered enough from surgery to reclaim "his" kitchen:
    Right now, he's making shrimp with kimchee fried rice, and firecracker edamame (a dish we had at a fancy-schmancy restaurant awhile back, but hubby's version is better).
    Critical and JohnnyK like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  2. #562
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,295

    Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

    I made vegetarian chili today and reached for the turmeric... realizing too late it was pumpkin pie spice. I don't think I'll ever forget this pumpking pie chili with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and alspice.
    Lizard and Cootie like this.
    Count your blessings!

  3. #563
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    2,112

    Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Gutmutter...LOL! That's kinda funny :-)

    I made boiled ham and cabbage with potatoes and carrots. (Corned beef is still $5 a pound...we have to get closer to St. Patrick's Day for the price to drop. And the ham was only $2 a pound :-).) Not quite the same as a boiled dinner, but close, and good.

    And I have some incredible ham stock waiting for me :-)
    JohnnyK and I'm here like this.

  4. #564
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,158

    Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Tonight's my turn -- attempting to be creative with leftovers:
    a variation of pastitsio: rigatoni with light-ish Alfredo/bechamel sauce, leftover roast leg of lamb sautéed with mushrooms, Temecula rosemary olive oil, and cabernet.
    Fingers crossed...
    TripleGemini and JohnnyK like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  5. #565
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    2,112

    Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Tonight's my turn -- attempting to be creative with leftovers:
    a variation of pastitsio: rigatoni with light-ish Alfredo/bechamel sauce, leftover roast leg of lamb sautéed with mushrooms, Temecula rosemary olive oil, and cabernet.
    Fingers crossed...
    So? How'd it come out?

    I still had some Russet potatoes (and all that lovely ham stock), so I made potato soup with cabbage and ham, topped with cheddar cheese. Given that we technically had another blizzard today, it worked well for dinner :-)
    Cootie and JohnnyK like this.

  6. #566
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,196

    Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

    We had BBQ chicken done to perfection thank you hubby., with little potatoes, corn on the cob and salad
    Cootie and JohnnyK like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #567
    I won't forget Cootie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In the garden
    Posts
    2,526

    Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I made vegetarian chili today and reached for the turmeric... realizing too late it was pumpkin pie spice. I don't think I'll ever forget this pumpking pie chili with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and alspice.
    This reminds me of the night I added some molasses to my baked beans. I was trying to donate blood and this helps boost my iron. I mistakenly grabbed a bottle of Mexican vanilla and poured it on. I ate it, but it was weird.

  8. #568
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,158

    Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    So? How'd it come out?
    For a "throw-together," it turned out really well.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  9. #569
    FORT Fogey I'm here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Gutmutter...LOL! That's kinda funny :-)

    I made boiled ham and cabbage with potatoes and carrots. (Corned beef is still $5 a pound...we have to get closer to St. Patrick's Day for the price to drop. And the ham was only $2 a pound :-).) Not quite the same as a boiled dinner, but close, and good.

    And I have some incredible ham stock waiting for me :-)

    A trip to memory lane!!!!! You just sent me back on my trip to Ireland... a few years back. The most AMAZING time was had! Words just can't describe it well enough. While enjoying the land and people I was in search of "corned beef and cabbage". (as thats what I grew up having... in my Irish home). Never found corned beef there... infact when I would ask... some people would look at me crazy. Without a doubt... they make the BEST ham and buttered cabbage. *mouth watering*

    Thanks for the trip back in time.....
    JohnnyK likes this.

  10. #570
    FORT Fogey I'm here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: What's For Dinner TONIGHT?

    Haven't a clue what to make for dinner tonight....

    So, I am going to read back a few pages... and NO DOUBT will find a perfect meal. Thanks to you!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.